Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably replacing Pushrods- What else?

Old 02-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Probably replacing Pushrods- What else?

I can usually answer my own questions 99% of the time by searching. That being said please allow me this thread as I really didn't get settled on any findings.

So I've mis-shifted my car a few times going from 3rd back to 2nd- pretty harshly, and I've had increased engine chatter since then. I'm planning on swapping the 'possibly' bent stock pushrods with another set of stockers- seeing as how their ability to bend is what saves other components. To my knowledge the stock ones are 7.375".

Now, me being me, I want to upgrade some other valve train pieces while I'm in there. Springs, retainers & possibly rockers. I've read that the stock rockers are perfectly fine, except that on rare occasions they spew bearings.

I'm not planning on camming at all so I'm considering higher ratio rockers but if the stockers are fine I'd rather not mess with "well enough". So could you guys please give me some suggestions for some good, solid, upgrades for my valve train components. Not top dollar or anything just tried and true pieces. Thanks a lot.

Mike
Old 02-20-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

LS6 springs or Comp 915's, crane 1.89 rockers and p-rods. But i would check your valves also

Search this Thread