Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev limiter...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev limiter...

Well, went to the track for the first time since I've got the stall and exhaust on. This was my first time ever launching a car with a stall and launching on DR's. On the third pass I ran a 8.2 @ 84. The car will go quite a bit faster than this, which brings me to my question. On this pass I didn't get the tires nearly hot enough, Nitto 555r's, and spun a bit off the line, still managed a 1.79 60' though. Going from 1st to 2nd I hit the limiter, then from 2nd to 3rd it hit the limiter TWICE! I even adjusted the speedo, so I guestimated it, for the decreased tire height since I let air out.

Anyway, is it the stall that's causing me to hit the limiter? I just ordered a nitrous kit and I've heard that if I hit the limiter on nitrous it's gonna mess up my engine.

Once my LS6 intake and nitrous kit go on I'm going to have it dyno tuned.

Any thoughts on why I'm hitting the limiter so much? And also, do you guys flash or brake stall your cars at the track?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

keep dropping your mph/ shift point till you don't hit the limiter anymore. with the nitrous- get a window switch so you don't spray between shifts (i've heard of it killing 4l60e's QUICK!).

also (if you can get somebody close with hptuners/edit) check on the shift adaptation times, may help to get them down to .2 or so.

if i could successfully hook (nitto's just don't do the trick for a good hard launch) i think a 2k brake stall then flashed from there is what i would try. a little bit of pre-loading to help save the rear.

good luck.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Launching!

I have it set to shift at stock shift points and stock rev limiter. The only things I have changed are the tire height, axle ratio, and shift firmness to 75%.

Usually it doesn't hit the limiter except for the 1st/2nd shift. It was just all messed up the other day though. We played some on the highway and I was nailing the limiter on my 3rd/4th shift.

Hopefully a dyno tune will fix everything the way I want it.

That's about what I did at the track, 2k or so and then rolled into it.

Thanks for your input.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

keep an eye on that trans fluid