Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why buy any other head?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why buy any other head?

I posted the following on the Corvette forum and thought I would get the opinions of you guys.

Been looking and reading for a couple of weeks now about the various heads out there. I am wondering if there is any reason to buy anything but the Patriot heads. Stage III's seem to sell for the same price as others stage I or even stage II heads. All the reviews you guys are writing on the different heads seem to confirm there are plenty of good heads available from a variety of sources but Patriots heads are far less expensive. Am I missing something?

Gary
Old 02-21-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as the bang for buck goes, the Patriots are "ok". They are deffiantlly not going to make the most power. There are many other head companies out there that make heads that flow as good, if not better with much smaller port volumes. Not to mention the flow numbers on there site don't add up to the flow numbers that have been independentlly found around here. Don't worry about Stages either. Just pay attention to port volume/cfm. That's a much better way of telling what is a stage 1,2, or 3. BTW, JRP's Stage 1 LS-1 FFHP heads out flowed Patriots Stage 2 LS-6 heads, for about the same price, if not less. Just goes to show you.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:27 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beast beat me to it
Old 02-21-2005, 11:27 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
As far as the bang for buck goes, the Patriots are "ok". They are deffiantlly not going to make the most power. There are many other head companies out there that make heads that flow as good, if not better with much smaller port volumes. Not to mention the flow numbers on there site don't add up to the flow numbers that have been independentlly found around here. Don't worry about Stages either. Just pay attention to port volume/cfm. That's a much better way of telling what is a stage 1,2, or 3. BTW, JRP's Stage 1 LS-1 FFHP heads out flowed Patriots Stage 2 LS-6 heads, for about the same price, if not less. Just goes to show you.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:29 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

heres the test. the only difference on the PP stg 2 vs stg 3 is the valve sizing

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=FFHP
Old 02-22-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
beast beat me to it
Yea, but it looks like your car is gunna be running first. I gotta pull my intake back off.