Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 used long block price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 used long block price?

Hey all, I'm going to get my motor pulled (LS1 Aluminum 5.7L) and I want to sell it as a complete long block, Intake manifold/fuel injectors/throttle body/MAf included if it'll help the sale or price, all I'll be keeping are the various covers that don't come with the 402 block. What kind of price do you think I can get from it? casting number is 12550592 I believe, as it's from a '98 Camaro SS. Everything runs great, motor hasn't been raced, boosted nitroused or any of the like, has 65k miles on it, Gonna swap a ZL-402 Iron block in and do a complete build of the motor with all new parts as it'd be cheaper than remachining an aluminum block with similar parts, and I'm using it for a drag racing application, trans wouldn't be included. Thanks for your time
Old 02-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Acinonyx
Hey all, I'm going to get my motor pulled (LS1 Aluminum 5.7L) and I want to sell it as a complete long block, Intake manifold/fuel injectors/throttle body/MAf included if it'll help the sale or price, all I'll be keeping are the various covers that don't come with the 402 block. What kind of price do you think I can get from it? casting number is 12550592 I believe, as it's from a '98 Camaro SS. Everything runs great, motor hasn't been raced, boosted nitroused or any of the like, has 65k miles on it, Gonna swap a ZL-402 Iron block in and do a complete build of the motor with all new parts as it'd be cheaper than remachining an aluminum block with similar parts, and I'm using it for a drag racing application, trans wouldn't be included. Thanks for your time
Just for reference, I sold the stock motor out of my 1999 Z/28 about a year and a half ago. It had only 34,000 miles on it and was in excellent shape. I was going with the current 427 Darton wet sleeve set up, so I decided to sell mine. I sold it without the wiring harness or injectors, without a WP, no exhaust manifolds, but it included most everything else. The stock LS1 intake, the valve covers, the oil pan, all were there. I got $2,450.00 for it. Some go much cheaper, but at the time, a low mileage complete long block was averaging around 2500 bucks around the west coast area. (I am in Las Vegas) Sold it to a fellow club member who was in a bind for a replacement engine so they could sell a 2001 T/A that cracked a sleeve. They knew the history of the car, and had my guarantee that it was a solid, no oil burning motor. Yours might not bring that much, but at least you have a ballpark figure now.

Quick Reply: LS1 used long block price?