Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake

Can the Weiand intake manifold be ported and how much can be taken off...looking for 90mm...or should i just go with the FAST....

Thanks..
Old 02-22-2005, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with fast, lighter and better without porting
Old 02-22-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

It really depends on the rest of the setup, as in what heads/cam you're running. If you're running cam only or boltons, you should just run the LS6, as it is VERY similar to the LSX 78mm. If you have heads and cam, I'd go with the 90mm LSX. Regardless, it's better to have one of those 3 intakes simply because they're composite and do not heat soak like the weiand.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heat soak is mostly crap IMO. I'm on my second weind intake and ran the first for 38k. I put down 460 at the wheels and ran clean 11.4's N/A. Ran an ls6 intake and could only kick out 445 on the dyno and ran .3 - .4 slower. When you drive around the air doesn't stay in the intake long enough to really soak any heat. Even in traffic the air is moving so quickly through the intake, i can't imagine it really mattering any. besides who's going to go race sitting in traffic? I happen to like the holley/weind intake...especially with a really healthy cam. With a smaller cam and unported heads I would probably just stick with the ls6 though.

As for the 90mm tb....Unless you really have a need for more, ie the motor being a stroker or having an agressive cam profile, you may be just better off with a stock tb. get too big and you'll actually hurt performance. Bigger isn't always better.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Cool thanks for the input guys...im currently building a 382 stroker w/ 5.3 tea ported heads and will probably run thunder racings T-Rex cam...i know it may be a lil small for the stroked engine....so in that case you think going bigger with the lsx 90mm intake so do me well....? and by all means i wanna try and milk out as much hp as possible with this current setup...more info if needed the pistons a diamond with 7cc valve reliefs...but thats about it right at this point..next on the install is the cam...so any ideas on if i should go bigger cam or stick w/ the t-rex.....thanks again...h
Old 02-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The FAST 90 set-up will make the most power, the most torque, and carry the big numbers past peak HP better than any other intake/TB set-up on the market currently....It's no surprise that set-up is whats currently installed on my car. Hopefully even better stuff finds its way down the new product pipeline, but for now, the FAST is the least restrictive and puts down the strongest numbers...especially from 4500 to redline.

Tony M.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think this is what you want
Attached Thumbnails Intake-harrop-intake.jpg