Sponsored by:

Junior Dragsters

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:27 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Junior Dragsters

Anyones kids here running junior dragsters? My kid wants to get into it and I was woundering the cost of it, is there a offical points system ,mantaning the car ect. Did a search on the web but I want to hear from someone who has experiance with this. I`m in Houston TX and I was just woundering.
Thanks for any help
Al
Old 02-26-2005, 11:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was a discussion on this about 6 months ago, and i believe it was in the racers lounge or drag racing section. if nobody responds, try doing a search in there. when my kids get older, and we get a house, i too may be looking into this as they are 2 and 3 and already love daddy's car. thank God!

later,
Dave
Old 02-27-2005, 10:27 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A bunch of my bracket racing buddies kids race Jrs. I am waiting for 1 of my daughters to really want to race one. A top of the line Jr. race car will run ya around 5 grand. They have a points system just like the big cars do. I race at all the area drag strips in the Houston area. They all run some sort of Jr points program. They even have Jrs at the bracket finals every year both IHRA and NHRA. Your best best is to go out to either HRP this coming weekend(March 5th) or Lone Star(Sealy, Tx) and watch the Jrs run. Go ask them all kind of questions that you might have. They will love to answer them(all age of drag racers love to talk about there cars).

The times for the Jr program at HRP; March 5th-gates open at 8:00am Time trials start at 9:00am. Elims run until 1:00pm when the open the gates for the big cars.

The times for Sealy this coming weekend. Gate open at 1:00pm and Time trails start at 2:00. At sealy Jrs run at the same time as the big car.(Of course they just run Jrs with Jrs).

I hope this helps ya out a little bit.

Coach