Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knock sensor

My exhaust bangs underneath the driverside floor board, and i think that my knock sensor has activated and retarded my timing, because it fells slower than it used to, how would i find out if it was and how would i turn it off when i get my poly motor mounts.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

If you scanned your car, you'd probably see a constant 4* of knock retard, plus that would put the engine into the low octane table.

It's much better to fix the cause of the knock retard rather than turning off the knock sensors.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

That's why i am putting on the poly motor mounts to stop the exhaust from banging
Old 02-27-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

I thought you were asking how to turn off the knock sensors.

I hope those mounts solve the problem. Maybe you could wedge some sort of fire resistant foam-like material between the exhaust and floor board. I never dealt with this problem having shorty headers, but lots of other people here have (hint hint).

Good luck!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

i was asking if stoping the knocking exhaust, would the knock sensor turn off by itself
Old 02-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Launching!

I've done the Poly mount on the drivers side of my TA and it helped but didn't fix it all. And it was a complete and total POS to do. My hands were swelled up from all the cuts, scrapes, and bangs. I haven't attempted the passenger side yet but the exhaust has to stop banging so I might do it sometime soon. There again I also thought that if I have to take off the header anyway to do the mount I might just replace the stuppid Pace header with another brand that doesn't hit so freaking bad. Oh I've also notched the K member on the drivers side which helps alot.