Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

menzerna polish

Old 02-27-2005, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default menzerna polish

i just polished my car with menzerna and my pc7336 with velcro backed pads, i used the orange pad to polish, i have a few questions though...

1. what speed should i use on it? it seems like faster speed would make the job go quicker right? but if you dont spread the polish well it splatters.. can i use higher speeds or does low speed work better?
2. i used detailer spray instead of water cause i didnt have water in a spray bottle,does water work better? what if i dont wet it at all, what does the water do?
3. what exactly do they mean by "until it dries" does it start to powder off? or what, how do i know when its dry...
4. how long in minutes does it usually take to complete a section (such as a door panel, or half of the roof , if u have a hardtop? or the spoiler)

i think thats all,

if anyone could post their techniques that would be great, i would like to make sure i am polishing correctly so i can get the best results, i will post pictures tomarrow of my paint, it looks good but there are still random scratches everywhere that i cant catch with my finger nail and i am under the impression that it should take those out... thanks!!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Check the Sticky at the top of the page.

All your questions are answered there.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darkecho
i just polished my car with menzerna and my pc7336 with velcro backed pads, i used the orange pad to polish, i have a few questions though...

1. what speed should i use on it? it seems like faster speed would make the job go quicker right? but if you dont spread the polish well it splatters.. can i use higher speeds or does low speed work better?
2. i used detailer spray instead of water cause i didnt have water in a spray bottle,does water work better? what if i dont wet it at all, what does the water do?
3. what exactly do they mean by "until it dries" does it start to powder off? or what, how do i know when its dry...
4. how long in minutes does it usually take to complete a section (such as a door panel, or half of the roof , if u have a hardtop? or the spoiler)

i think thats all,

if anyone could post their techniques that would be great, i would like to make sure i am polishing correctly so i can get the best results, i will post pictures tomarrow of my paint, it looks good but there are still random scratches everywhere that i cant catch with my finger nail and i am under the impression that it should take those out... thanks!!

Answers:
1). I go on speed 6, that doesnt mean you will get the job done faster it just means your breaking down the polish faster but its a lot faster and will give you better results as opposed to using speed 3 or 4. Place a dime sized drop per 2x2 and work like that put the pad on top of the product and work it from there. The only way you would be getting splatter is if you place the polisher on the product after its on the vehicle, put too much product on the car, pick up the PC when your done and the pc is still going.
2). water/ detail spray either one will work, your supposed to use your 50/50 mix of alcohol and water to remove any fillers the product might have. However menzerna IP doesnt have fillers it has abrasives which will remove the spiderwebs/swirls not hide them. if the product cakes up on ya and doesnt want to come off the paint use the water/detailspray to remove it.
3). well there is a difference between wet and dry? The IP will dry and eventually remove itself and you can wipe it from there.
4). It generally takes time cause i would want to remove all the spiderwebs so a hood might take me an hour or so but once you get the hang of it itll come to you..

If you take your time and let the product do its work you shouldnt have any trouble with swirls especially using an orange pad. The way i usually guide the pc is with my right hand on the handle (right side) and my left hand on the black head of the polisher so i can guide it with both hands. The left hand is also useful it you want to add a "LITTLE" pressure to remove any scratches. Go in all directions UP, Down, left -right, diagonal and such figure 8 and the scratches will come out like magic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: menzerna polish