PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer mod question

Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default computer mod question

I just recently bought a wrecked '98 SS Camaro to put its drivetrain into an RX-7. When I bought it I already knew it had some performance parts. (centerforce clutch, hooker LT headers, short throw shift, K&N filter, MTI lid)

When I started taking it apart I saw that it had no cats, and no rear o2 sensors. the rear o2 sensor plugs were just sitting back there with nothing plugged into them at all.

Is it likely that the ECU has been modified already for this? I am pretty sure before it was wrecked it didn't have a check engine light. I got to talk to the owner who wrecked it, but when he bought it the mods have already been done.

Help me figure out what is going on with this thing??
Old 03-01-2005, 09:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it could go either way...i drove with no rear o2's for 5 months before i had them deleted via programming.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

so is there any real way to tell if the ecu has already been tuned? right now the motor is not capable of running and wont be until i get it istalled and wired in its new car.

is the '98 ecu even tunable in the first place? i have read that it is the worst ecu to have.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

98's are fine for tuning other then seeing the tune im not sure what other way there is to tell if it has been tuned *shrug* you'd just need someone with bench tuning abilities to take a look at the tune.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by foff667
98's are fine for tuning...you could contact wait4me i think hes in your are he might be able to pull your tune on the bench...other then seeing the tune im not sure what other way there is to tell if it has been tuned *shrug*
Thanks for helping me out man. I am pretty new to playing with the domestic end of the deal. (need all the help I can get)

Search this Thread