Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LEDs for Trans am tailights... project

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEDs for Trans am tailights... project

hey guys, I am doing a little experiment, I am trying to get the best of all worlds with our tailights... I am going to make a set of blacked out tailights by clearing out a set of LT1 bird lights, spraypainting the backing and using red leds for lighting...

in doing this the light wouldnt be blocked by a lens that cuts the visibility down to almost nothing... (with my lights ppl have complained about not being able to see the tailights light up when i stopped at all during noon or foggy conditions and that is just asking for trouble) so I got a set of lt1 tailights, cleared them out, and am in the process of blacking out the backing, but i need some ideas on the best, brightest light i can get...

there are several sites that sell LED bulbs, i have seen some that are almost like a little 1" by 1" circle of light, but those would look weird i think, but there was another i saw just recently, its a mother of an LED
http://superlumination.com/images/au.../3157_pt_r.jpg

I am thinking that those might be my best bet, at 20 bucks each, they are rather expensive, but i think i may buy one to test it out. Anyone have any ideas on another route i could make a super bright bulb. I like the link one above because it is just plug and play, but so expensive...

any ideas? how could I make a really bright LED tailight source?? thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

I dun mean to hijack teh thread but...... what does the screen name originate from? I saw it and though ot the Jak series of games for playstation(maybe offered for others too). I just happened to be playing it currently.

Josh S.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

you know, i dont remember where i got it, i believe it was from something i was talking about with a friend a long time ago in the beta stages of counter strike half life mod. not HL2, the original lol... its been my sn for everything ever since..