PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help, Wont Go Into PE Mode (Detailed)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help, Wont Go Into PE Mode (Detailed)

A friend of mine has a 1999 TA. The only mods it has is a TR224 114 cam, lid, Flowtechs and a Magnaflow catback. He went to get tuned today, and is experiencing a very unusual problem, and I need the experts help. When the car arrived, the car wouldnt go into PE mode, and the AF was in the low 13's. The tuner then went in, changed the PE multiplier to 1.15, and mistakenly put in 1.55. Under my impression, the PE mode should NOT affect the idle AF. Well after this change the car was experiencing a rich condition at WOT. The tuner went back in, caught his error, and placed the multiplier back at 1.15. This immediately shot the Idle AF to Mid 16's!!! This whole time, the car still wouldnt go into PE mode, yet the AF was changing? While uploading the new file, they lost connection with the PCM, swapped the PCM with a new one, and a fresh GM file, and still it wont go into PE mode, and the car is still at a 14-15 AF. The fuel pressure is great, 57WOT, 58-60 idle. The fuel filter was just changed, and we frankly dont know what do guess from here on out? Any suggestions? Injectors? Thank you for reading, all the info and suggestions are greatly appreciated! Deenasty83@comcast.net