Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ram Air Hood Grilles - WS6 & SS - stainless steel in here

Old 03-04-2005, 12:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Ram Air Hood Grilles - WS6 & SS - stainless steel in here

Okay guys, here are the much anticipated grilles. The WS6 grilles are polished in the photos you see here. These mount using your existing factory ram air grille screws.

The SS insert has "RAM AIR" cut out of the top using the CAMARO font. Look at the close up shot, and you can see that my horizontal bars do not interfere with airflow, so your ram air hood still has it's functionality.
Enjoy guys. Let me hear what you think

SS insert polished

Last edited by dragonZ28; 03-04-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Launching!

looks great!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Got any pics of them installed?
Old 03-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Id be interested if it was just 3 thicker bars or so where it would match a Stull billet grill. (ss grill)
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Holeshotz
Got any pics of them installed?
Tomorrow I will have pics of the WS6 grilles installed. It may be some time before I have the SS installed pics up.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmmmm...I was kinda hoping for the same honeycomb pattern or something like it for the grille insert. Would that be an option, or are you pretty set on producing those SS inserts?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok, so explain to me again how exactly these are going to attatched to the hood? are they just basically overlays on the existing grilles?

i think the WS6's look awesome, but not really liking the SS. i think a honeycomb pattern like on the WS6 grille would look good on the SS. i would even like to see something different like flames, angled bars, etc... it just looks like there is too much closed space on those, needs to be more open. the ram air looks cool, but the letters arent complete, ie, the R is missing the middle, so is the A. maybe do them in a different font to allow those middles to stay.

anyway, thats just my opinion. i plan on getting a couple of things from you, but all at once, so lets see what you come up with. very nice job man, props for doing this and making such a good looking product for us!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah...maybe if you just didn't do the top lettering and kept with the same width bars all the way across, it would look better to me...it does just look too closed off.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by abadss
ok, so explain to me again how exactly these are going to attatched to the hood? are they just basically overlays on the existing grilles?

i think the WS6's look awesome, but not really liking the SS. i think a honeycomb pattern like on the WS6 grille would look good on the SS. i would even like to see something different like flames, angled bars, etc... it just looks like there is too much closed space on those, needs to be more open. the ram air looks cool, but the letters arent complete, ie, the R is missing the middle, so is the A. maybe do them in a different font to allow those middles to stay.

anyway, thats just my opinion. i plan on getting a couple of things from you, but all at once, so lets see what you come up with. very nice job man, props for doing this and making such a good looking product for us!
The "R" and the "A" both still have their centers. They are just hard to see from the picture because the laser has discolored the surface. I will have polished pics up tomorrow.

Also, these will mount over the existing grill, and are to be held in place with a small screw and a nut.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't like the Camaro one . . .
Old 03-04-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
The "R" and the "A" both still have their centers. They are just hard to see from the picture because the laser has discolored the surface. I will have polished pics up tomorrow.

Also, these will mount over the existing grill, and are to be held in place with a small screw and a nut.

oh ok, sounds good
Old 03-04-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the SS grille: as others have mentioned, I would like to see some other variations, like maybe the WS6 honeycomb or some angled vertical bars or some thinner, even width full width horizontal bars...and without the lettering. I do like the way it sits within the factory insert...
Old 03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how about the side vents on each side of the car......i don't want to do the top without the bottom. the ws6 vents look great, and i will buy a set if you can make me some for the sides.
thanks,
rob
Old 03-04-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those ram air nostrils are gonna look good on my ride
Old 03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
FormerVendor

With the SS grille insert, we cannot really do the honeycomb pattern . We could, but you might have a problem getting it to form fit with the factory insert. There has to be some flex in the metal, and the honeycomb pattern makes it pretty stout. So, with the WS6 grilles it doesn't matter because they are flat. The SS grille has to be curved on the ends, and this may damage the metal if it were a honeycomb style. We can do something different next time, but it needs to be feasible. If we were to cut that honeycomb pattern is the SS grille, it would be very costly - trust me. As for now, all we have is this style grille, and we can't make any more until our current supply in diminshed. I will sell them on here, and Ebay. Once I don't have to keep more laying in my garage, I will make more. I believe I have around 20 of them cut correctly (some were programmed wrong, and offset by an 1/8"). I believe that once some of you guys see the polished finish you will like it - not all of you, but some.

BTW Levi, I'm on the way.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

those WS6 ones look cool, doesn't match my goal, but if i had a silver or black car id be getting them
Old 03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

UPDATED PICS. Polished SS is up, and looks much better than the unpolished version. Also, installed pics of WS6 screens on the Cannibal
Old 03-04-2005, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Did you happen to get any pics from a distance? If by chance you did, can you pm me with them?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ptvolly
Did you happen to get any pics from a distance? If by chance you did, can you pm me with them?
I would have, but the car was up on stands because the Cannibal is undergoing some changes. The garage had tools and such, and a zoomed out picture would be cluttered.

Trust me, these things just look great. At the right angle, they look like they are lights because they shine so much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ram Air Hood Grilles - WS6 & SS - stainless steel in here