Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Depressing thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Depressing thread

As some of you might have noticed, I haven’t been on much lately. We it’s because I have been bummed about my situation. I recently sold my 99 SS to my older brother and bought a 04 Cobra. Well since then my wife and I have bought a new house that is twice the size of the house we moved out of. Just to add to the pleasure, our bills are considerably higher. Just when you thought things couldn’t get better our daughter just started daycare and that is $815 per month. Now for the icing on the cake, my wife and I got bumped into a higher income tax bracket and now we owe $8000 to the Federal Government. Pretty sweet huh?

Well, the Cobra payment with insurance is only $400 per month. That isn’t too much by itself but, added with the other hits it ended up being the only expendable bill that we had. Since every thing seemed to hit at the same time the Cobra was the first to get the axe. We have 2 other cars so we didn’t “need” the Cobra. So now I am without a hot rod for a time. I will have another one before too long. I just need to get past this era.

On a happier note, my old SS that my brother bought is now (in theory) a 10 second car. He put Patriot LS6 style stage 2 heads on it and a Yank SS 3600 stall with a NX dry kit. He ran an 11.34 @ 123 mph without nitrous and ran a 11.04 @ 126 mph on a 100 shot with the transmission slipping on the 2-3 shift and him having to let out of it for it to shift. I think with a little transmission work (or a new transmission) he should be in the 10.9’s or 10.8's @ ~ 130 mph. Not bad for a car that doesn’t have any suspension work and that is running on 275 Nittos.

So Unit you are offically the King of the hill...for now.

P.S. Have you added your "mod" yet? If so how is it running?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was about to ask you about that. I am sorry to hear that. It's good you are moving up (kinda). Get an old car, put a big block in it and pay $20/month in insurance! I don't guess that would be cost effective. Oh, well. Sorry.

Tell your brother good job.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn. I would have gotten rid of the cable tv/Dish network, and some furniture first. J/K. I'm sorry to hear about that. Things will look up soon enough.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:53 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

oh man that sucks. well best of luck in finding another soon. congrats on the house.

PLS dont take as me trying to be an ***: but didn't you figure all those bills into your moving expenses? That's really crappy that the cobra had to go man. anyway best of luck again.

brad
Old 03-04-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, im sorry to hear about your hard times. Why no go buy a dirt cheap third gen and spray the **** out of it with wreckless abandon. Hopefully by the time youve replaced your fourth TBI engine, youll be ready to buy another sweet car.

Also, this was funny as hell: _________The only member of STF that MillaTK can out run___________
Old 03-04-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Dude, im sorry to hear about your hard times. Why no go buy a dirt cheap third gen and spray the **** out of it with wreckless abandon. Hopefully by the time youve replaced your fourth TBI engine, youll be ready to buy another sweet car.

That would be about $2500
Old 03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Counting all 5 TBI motors?

Maybe you should get your speed thrills another way. Get a metal spaghetti strainer helmet, a parachute, a garbage can lid, and a several pounds of dynamite.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just get a cheap used 1100 ninja (like a 95 model), and smoke the **** out of all of us.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:00 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
PLS dont take as me trying to be an ***: but didn't you figure all those bills into your moving expenses? That's really crappy that the cobra had to go man. anyway best of luck again.

brad
When I bought the car I didn't think daycare would be $815 a month and I definitely didn't expect an $8000 tax bill.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear.

Well, on a brighter note, what do you think you will buy next?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I'm not in your shoes, I can certainly understand your predicament...I can see my car having to go its own merry way eventually, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Take care of the family, then make the kids buy you your next fast car.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hold your head up man. After you get your feet back on solid ground you'll be ready to come play again. Maybe this time you can save up a bit and go KB as soon as you pick up the cobra. That is assuming you go with another terminator.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

That is why I will never get married or have kids. I love fast cars too much. Dam that
is depressing as hell. Sure hope things turn around quick.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

im only 20 years old but that sounds....terrible ....i dont wanna think about it but im in a tech school for now makin $400 car payments...but now im thinkin when i transfer....im gonna have to find another job or lose ill lose my baby as well
Old 03-05-2005, 02:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
As some of you might have noticed, I haven’t been on much lately. We it’s because I have been bummed about my situation. I recently sold my 99 SS to my older brother and bought a 04 Cobra. Well since then my wife and I have bought a new house that is twice the size of the house we moved out of. Just to add to the pleasure, our bills are considerably higher. Just when you thought things couldn’t get better our daughter just started daycare and that is $815 per month. Now for the icing on the cake, my wife and I got bumped into a higher income tax bracket and now we owe $8000 to the Federal Government. Pretty sweet huh?

Well, the Cobra payment with insurance is only $400 per month. That isn’t too much by itself but, added with the other hits it ended up being the only expendable bill that we had. Since every thing seemed to hit at the same time the Cobra was the first to get the axe. We have 2 other cars so we didn’t “need” the Cobra. So now I am without a hot rod for a time. I will have another one before too long. I just need to get past this era.

On a happier note, my old SS that my brother bought is now (in theory) a 10 second car. He put Patriot LS6 style stage 2 heads on it and a Yank SS 3600 stall with a NX dry kit. He ran an 11.34 @ 123 mph without nitrous and ran a 11.04 @ 126 mph on a 100 shot with the transmission slipping on the 2-3 shift and him having to let out of it for it to shift. I think with a little transmission work (or a new transmission) he should be in the 10.9’s or 10.8's @ ~ 130 mph. Not bad for a car that doesn’t have any suspension work and that is running on 275 Nittos.

So Unit you are offically the King of the hill...for now.

P.S. Have you added your "mod" yet? If so how is it running?
Damn man! I am sorry to hear that. What's funny is I am probably going to buy an 03/04 Cobra Coupe next year to add to my toy collection (Vette and Z28 are staying). I was going to PM you about what you paid for it and how your insurance and payments are
Old 03-05-2005, 06:00 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
When I bought the car I didn't think daycare would be $815 a month and I definitely didn't expect an $8000 tax bill.
yeah man I hear that. That's pretty damn expensive. Aah dont worry, you'll get back up there. Maybe with a C6 Z06 or an 07 Cobra. Stay positive bro
Old 03-05-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We've been joking around, but I do hope you get another toy soon. I do think you are doing the right thing. Family before toys. I hope to avoid a similar situation. I working to pay off everything I own, hence my car is still pretty much stock. I can't belive how much cash is sent out in payments. Hopefully in one year the only debt I'll have is a house. Then I want it paid for in a few years. That would rock. I figure I could work as a greeter at Wal-Mart and still pay my bills if I had too. That would ROCK!
Old 03-05-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

That just sucks man. I have a nice knot in my stomach after reading that. I just bought a house that is too big and expensive for me right now. I also have to pay for a wedding (my own) and some other things this year. I cant imagine what that would feel like. I freak out if my checking goes below 15K.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
That just sucks man. I have a nice knot in my stomach after reading that. I just bought a house that is too big and expensive for me right now. I also have to pay for a wedding (my own) and some other things this year. I cant imagine what that would feel like. I freak out if my checking goes below 15K.
I'd freak out if mine went UP to 15K