Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supercharged Ford Lightning ... slaughtered ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Supercharged Ford Lightning ... slaughtered ...

Going to the racetrack for 'Ford Fun Weekend' and on the way out to the track, a new white Supercharged Ford Lightning pulls up to the right side of me. In my car, I have my wife, my son, and his friend. Lightning is at a weight disadvantage of about 1000 lbs and with two young slender guys in that truck, I have a weight disadvantage of about 400 lbs. ... so, he's at a 600 lb weight disadvantage already.

I wasn't going to race these dudes, but, the driver would not look over at me and his passenger kept looking over at me and smiling like they were going to really f$@& me when the light changes.

Well, the light changed and I pulled out normally and this dude driving the Lightning NAILS it, his SuperCharger a'whinin' like there's no tomorrow, and, he jumps ahead by a car length and then I let the LS1 RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!! Little did they know, I had just had a pair of Nitto 555R Extreme DR's mounted this morning ... LOL!!!

Anyway, the rest is history ... by the time I hit 80 mph, he was soooooo far back in my rearview mirror that it was TOTALLY ridiculous!!! I kept slowing down and, the more I would slow down in the left lane, the more he would slow down in the right lane. He didn't EVEN have the sportsmanship to give me a thumbs-up. I finally slowed to about 35 mph in the left lane and the bastards turned off to keep from facing me and acknowledge that I smoked their ***. I'm glad most LS1 drivers aren't that way.

If someone beats me racing, the first thing I do is give them a thumbs up and let them know I am envious of their ride. Why do these Ford Lightning drivers not have the ***** to do the same? Better question, why are these Ford Lightning drivers stupid enough to keep jumping on F-Body LS1's????

Last edited by JEB99TA; 03-05-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racing with your child in the car = moronic

Racing with your child's FRIEND in the car also = absolutely irresponsible
Old 03-05-2005, 05:57 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
Racing with your child in the car = moronic

Racing with your child's FRIEND in the car also = absolutely irresponsible
I'd say nice kill on the L!
But, I have to agree with WhiteTXMach.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Don't understand what's moronic about 80 mph ... most people do that speed during normal driving on the interstate. I wasn't doing 90+ ... nor would I. Have you never driven 80 mph on the Interstate with your 16 y.o. in the car? With a median 30 yards wide, how is that so moronic? Sorry, but, I don't understand your reasoning. I'm not an unsafe driver.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

What dont you understand? Racing with your OWN child in the car is your own choice as a parent. Whether I see it as stupid or not, should not concern you. However racing (whether its just to 80, or to 150) with a child that is NOT yours, in the car, is absolutely irresponsible. It does not matter if your a safe driver or not, what would you tell that childs parents when you got into a wreck, and their child was killed, because you felt the need to street race with their kid in the car?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
I'm not an unsafe driver.
That statement couldn't be any more ironic.

Nice kill.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

It's not so much about going 80mph, its about how fast ya got there That was pretty irresponsible, especially with someone else's kid in the car.

I would probably have done it if it was the wifey and the kid, but not the kid's friend. So count me in as irresponsible too. Just as long as we know we are...
Old 03-05-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

ah whatever. good kill. hes only sticking up for his ford buddies...
Old 03-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Banned

Good Kill On That Ford!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

nice kill bro////////////////////
Old 03-05-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How old is that kid?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

it was all good man until u said u had ur son and his friend....yea only 80mph so what....u say ur a good driver....but what about the dumbasses next to u...or other people that might have been around....i dont know if u read that thread about the dumbass that raced a guy in a honda who had HIS kid inside...boy did everyone on this site grill his ***....so u better expect it coming....but atleast u won
Old 03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

This is preposterous. You can get into an accident while traveling at any speed! Do not say you cannot. Blah blah blah. Go bitch at someone else.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Once I lost control of my car not even going 20 MPH Puddle... In the rain I spun completely out as I hydroplaned across an intersection. Once I hit the gas from a dead stop and was pointed directly at a building that was coming up FAST The point is, I does not matter the speed you were going. It's how you got there. Under load a car is not a car anymore. It can be a weapon. Just be carefull with passengers.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

I'll cover this. My son's friend is 17. There was 0 traffic ... just me and the Lightning ... no side roads ... no obstacles I could have possibly hit ... just a very long 4-lane with a really wide median and no cars for at least 1/2 mile ahead. If there was any way I could have lost control of the car, I definitely would not have raced the truck. I did not say I'm a good driver. I said I am not an unsafe driver. And you ring in and stretch what I am saying ... again, you weren't there, so, don't say that every situation going 80 mph is dangerous, which was simliar to the one I described. And tell me you've never done 80 on the Interstate (or elsewhere) with others in your car ... IN TRAFFIC. If you do, then, you're a hypocrit ... plain, pure and simple. Answer back with another snobbish 'MORONIC' answer. I know you're going to, but, I'm not going to give you the pleasure to answer you back. I've said what I have to say, so, now take it and do what you want with it. Just don't misquote me again to make yourself look all righteous and grand.

Even at 20 mph ... what if your rearend locks up and the poor little child in your cars gets whiplash form another car going 60 ploughing in the back of you. THEN, how are you going to explain to his/her parents that you killed their child!!! Get a life and stop trying to bash people here who come to tell a good kill story. Apparently, that's all you're here for. I've searched and read your other posts and you do seem to love to jump in and find some angle to flame people with, no matter what the story. Your budyd seems to always be right there with you, backing you up. It's your history on this board.

The reason I DID slow down when I did is because I thought 80 mph for ANYBODY
else in the car is too fast. That arrogant bastard in the Ford Lightening still was too big a p%&@$ to acknowledge his *** got beat.

As for everyone else, thanks for your comments ... alot of good stories here. Anyone else who feels I made a mistake under the situation I described, well, I'll take your advice and be more conscienscous when other people are in the car under any circumstance, however, I still whipped the **** out of that damned truck.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

good kill man.
way to smoke that ford!

so, for you guys complaining about his kid in the car... do you not race against 16 or 17 year olds? do you check ID's before doing the three honks on the highway? or before nodding at the guy wating for the light. I would be willing to bet money that everyone in here who has ever street-raced has gone up against a high school kid at least once.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:10 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

at least the lightning didnt do the flyby.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88GTA
good kill man.
way to smoke that ford!

so, for you guys complaining about his kid in the car... do you not race against 16 or 17 year olds? do you check ID's before doing the three honks on the highway? or before nodding at the guy wating for the light. I would be willing to bet money that everyone in here who has ever street-raced has gone up against a high school kid at least once.

Wow, thats not the point. If someone wants to race their OWN car then thats THEIR decision. But racing with a kid, that its not your own, while riding in your car is irresponsible.

And Jeb, im sure your a great driver, but please stop trying to make excuses for yourself. You acted in an irresponsible way, end of story.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Just don't misquote me again to make yourself look all righteous and grand.

Get a life and stop trying to bash people here who come to tell a good kill story. Apparently, that's all you're here for. I've searched and read your other posts and you do seem to love to jump in and find some angle to flame people with, no matter what the story. Your budyd seems to always be right there with you, backing you up. It's your history on this board.
A.) I never misquoted you. Do you know what a "misquote" is?
B.) I dont post on this board, or any other board to "bash people with good kill stories", while I do enjoy stirring the pot here and there, I mainly post to keep the uneducated and ignorant in-line. (Which is another reason I am here, so that I myself and not uneducated or ignorant about what LSx's are capable of)
C.) I am flattered you took the time to do a search on my previous postings
D.) My buddy? Who exactly is my buddy that seems to be there always backing me up?
E.) I am glad you now know my entire history on this board.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Proof positive that some people don't wise up with age.