Size: 17'' x 9''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-3/4''
Rear Spacing: 4-1/2''

or

Cragar S/S Wheel
Size: 17'' x 9''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-3/4''
Rear Spacing: 5-1/2''

Also what size tires would you suggest for these?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hmmm, on a 10" wide wheel, we need 7.5" backspace. That means for a 9" wide wheel, we need 6.5" backspace to keep the same flush fit.

I don't think either of those two choices will fit well. Both will stick out of the fender and look kinda ghetto.

275/40/17 sized tires front and rear
Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply . Im having a hard time picking rims that I like . Either they wont fit or they are the wrong finish :/ This is getting to be a PITA But I must have new wheels and SOON!!! Before my wife changes her mind on letting me get them. Anyone know of a nice wheel with a nice big lip and finished in chrome ?? Please give me an idea ..
Old 03-07-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1[CHEVY]
Thanks for the reply . Im having a hard time picking rims that I like . Either they wont fit or they are the wrong finish :/ This is getting to be a PITA But I must have new wheels and SOON!!! Before my wife changes her mind on letting me get them. Anyone know of a nice wheel with a nice big lip and finished in chrome ?? Please give me an idea ..
If money isn't a problem, I would go with the Iforged wheels, if you click Tony's Toys link above and look at his 69 Camaro you'll see a very similar wheel (made by something with an I, same company with a different name I believe) you can get them in chrome and a nice assortment of sizes....but they are gonna cost you like 3K with the chrome option......there is a banner to the right for Iforged (aero and seneka are badass looking wheels)
Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Thanks again but 3k for wheels is way outta my price league. Im looking to spend max like 2g and thats with tires .
Old 03-07-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1[CHEVY]
Thanks again but 3k for wheels is way outta my price league. Im looking to spend max like 2g and thats with tires .
I hear ya, I too would like to find something it that price range, its def a difficult find and thats why I am still looking for wheels over 2 years later....

If you like the cragers, you could look into American Racing Torque Thrusts 2, perhaps the most popular LS1 wheel, but not many people have them in chrome....I believe the chrome are $400 a wheel, maybe a little more, so you'll probably eclipse the 2K mark, but not by much.

Also you could look in American Racing Rebels, you can get them in chrome on Ebay for dirt cheap, I think under $800...A few users have them and they look good. IMO a little funny looking because of what they did with the studs....do a search for them and you'll see what I mean, but they really are nice looking wheels

Also very popular choices for the F-bodies are the ZR1 chrome wheels, Z06 wheels in chrome, and Y2K C5 wheels in chrome, all 3 are very nice. Also the new C6 wheels look pretty good, and many people don't have them yet. All the repro wheels can be had fairly cheap.

Some other companies to look at are Intro (thats Nine ***** wheels), and Bonspeed, but I am not sure how much any of those companies charge for their wheels, or if they are even available in chrome?
Good luck
Old 03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What about these?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=Replica+Wheel

I beleive they come in chrome too.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

For some off reason the ones I can find with the correct bolt patern done have the big lip . The big lip is what I really like about them most. Here the lip Im looking for .