Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel reg ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fuel reg ?s

On my setup i have a ? can i run my main line into my regulator then on each side of the reg i have an opening that is capped off can i run one line from each hole to each fuel rail then at the bottom of my reg run my return line? the way it is right now is gauge on top one side of reg capped off on other side is my feed line and at bottom is my return it is set at 58psi right now continous. What is the diffrence of having it ran the way i have or have it ran on the return line to reg? it is a aeromotive reg the way i have it now works but i am going to run diffrent fuel lines.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Unless I am reading your message wrong, I don't understand how your system is working at all. It sounds like you are running a line from you tank into the reg, then one line from the reg back to the tank as a return, and one line to your rails. That would mean your rails don't have any return line, just your regulator. Maybe I am just reading it wrong but if you are going to run new lines, there are 2 ways you should do it. The other thing that hints to me that something is not right is 58psi. That is really high pressure.

RACE SETUP: Run one feed line (-8 or -10) from your tank to a fuel splitter (one -8 or -10 into two -8 outs). Then have one -8 go to one rail and the other -8 to the other rail. Then on the other side of the rails have a -6 come out of each rail and go to 2 ports on your regulator. Then have one -6 return line from the 3rd port on the reg and run it back to your tank.

STREET SETUP: Run one -6 from the tank to fuel rail A. Then have a crossover -6 from fuel rail A to fuel rail B. Then have one -6 from fuel rail B to the regulator. Then have a -6 return line from the reg back to the pump. The 3rd port on the reg can be capped off.

NOTE: Always put your input/output fuel fittings on oposite sites of the fuel rails so the fuel flows through the rail. There may be some adapters that enable you to do the street setup without welding bungs on the rails but I always prefer to just weld on some bungs. The RACE SETUP WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE ANYTHING YOU THROW AT IT.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks the 58psi is what the ls1 recommends, yes i have my return off my reg. it works great that i know of no problems yet i think i might go the race setup you said thanks very much for the help kenny
Old 03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

flippin. If you really want to see pics, send me an email so I can email the pics to you. I don't know how to post the pics.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome pics would really help here is mine flippincamaro@hotmail.com if that doesnt work my dads and moms is annie5958@comcast.net thanks man kenny
Old 03-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
awesome pics would really help here is mine flippincamaro@hotmail.com if that doesnt work my dads and moms is annie5958@comcast.net thanks man kenny
Can you email me pics? www.babala65@yahoo.com