PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF, Lots of rain this weekend and now the car...Help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTF, Lots of rain this weekend and now the car...Help?

We had a ton of rain this weekend and went to start the car yesterday and it acted like it's firing order was wrong??? It then tried to start but backfired through the intake manifold? A couple more cranks and it finally started up real slow...slow coming up to idle?? My WBO2 is reading lean at idle too...15.8-16.1??? What the hell happened to my car. The rainwater was draining right onto my cowl where my coils are relocated, but the car hasn't acted this way before in the rain.

What else could have been messed up? My car hasn't thrown any codes. I have my front end off for about the next three to five days doing some work to my FI set up so any advice or info will help. Any areas to trouble shoot..look at?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 03-07-2005, 06:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe the maf got wet
Old 03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scan it next time you start it sounds like it could be a wet wire check for missfire.

My truck does the exact same thing when it's time for a new o2 sensor.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

MAF getting wet is a remote possibility but I'll check it while its off and clean it with electrical parts cleaner.

New Denso O2's are awaiting install here shortly, just arrived from sparkplugs.com

So far all looks good, but the O2's are real old. I'll check all plug wire connections. I'll have to wait on the misfire scan as the car is apart for some "upgrades"
Keep the trouble shooting stuff coming, I'll be tearing it apart all week doing stuff so now is the time to look.
J