Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CR question?

Old 03-07-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CR question?

Hey guys..i have a set of stock 02 LS1 heads which have been milled .010. I was curious if anyone could tell me what my CR is going to be once these heads go on the car. Motor is otherwise stock..I was also curious how limited my cam choices are now with the milled heads? I searched but i couldn't really find any definite answers. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkSideSS
Hey guys..i have a set of stock 02 LS1 heads which have been milled .010. I was curious if anyone could tell me what my CR is going to be once these heads go on the car. Motor is otherwise stock..I was also curious how limited my cam choices are now with the milled heads? I searched but i couldn't really find any definite answers. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-engineering-tech/111207-ls1-head-combustion-chamber-cc-volume-vs-cr.html As for cam choices there's a lot of variables...that being said, with stock 2.00" intakes you shouldn't have a problem with just about any cam that you'd want to run in a reltively stock motor. Without headers I'd say someting like a TR224 or equivelent frmo Comp or Futrual. With headers maybe 228* of cam timing.

I'm not an expert, but I've been rsearching for my own H/C swap which will be a little bit more extreme than yours.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

looks like your CR would fall between 10.5 and 10.6:1.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

~10.54
Old 03-08-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssheets
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111207 As for cam choices there's a lot of variables...that being said, with stock 2.00" intakes you shouldn't have a problem with just about any cam that you'd want to run in a reltively stock motor. Without headers I'd say someting like a TR224 or equivelent frmo Comp or Futrual. With headers maybe 228* of cam timing.

I'm not an expert, but I've been rsearching for my own H/C swap which will be a little bit more extreme than yours.

thanks guys i appreciate it. I actually saw that thread but i still wasn't too sure about the CR. I have hooker longtubes on the car now. I wouldn't really call it a performance headswap..lol it's more of a replacement set as my heads are damaged and i got the set cheaper than getting the old ones fixed. These also have some springs on the heads that are good for .610 lift so i was curious how big i could go on the cam. Once again i appreciate it.

Search this Thread