Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

97 lt1 is a believer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 lt1 is a believer

I'm out cruising and i pull up to the light and this guy is reving the hell out his camaro, so i ask him what does he have in their he said just a intake and exhaust why you wanna go i said lets go at the light.. he then said i heard those gto's weren't that fast, i said who told you that
as the light started to turn i could hear him reving again, so i trun off the tc and rev to 1500.........light turns green i let him jump first he about a car then i let in to it, by the end of first i pulled along side him i slam second and start pulling hard on him i grabbed third and slow down he was about 3 cars behind me. as catches up to me he starts smiling as says **** that car is fast i asked him if he wanted to go again he said no and turned at the next light. 1 down many more to go
Old 03-08-2005, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill man, this might be a rookie question, but wouldn't it be better if u had the tc on intstead?(for more traction)
Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 AM
12 Second Club

Nice kill! And Slow Vette, I find that traction control makes my launches worse, as it seems to dumb down the motor / apply the brakes too much. Active handling is a Godsend, though.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by m8d2run
I'm out cruising and i pull up to the light and this guy is reving the hell out his camaro, so i ask him what does he have in their he said just a intake and exhaust why you wanna go i said lets go at the light.. he then said i heard those gto's weren't that fast, i said who told you that
as the light started to turn i could hear him reving again, so i trun off the tc and rev to 1500.........light turns green i let him jump first he about a car then i let in to it, by the end of first i pulled along side him i slam second and start pulling hard on him i grabbed third and slow down he was about 3 cars behind me. as catches up to me he starts smiling as says **** that car is fast i asked him if he wanted to go again he said no and turned at the next light. 1 down many more to go

How ya like that LS2? Guy was probably talking about the 04s. Sounds like a beast
Old 03-09-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
Nice kill man, this might be a rookie question, but wouldn't it be better if u had the tc on intstead?(for more traction)
TC pulls too much timing out of the engine. TC is bad.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
It works wonders against hondas simply because you dont need the full force to take them.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by baldurann
Nice kill! And Slow Vette, I find that traction control makes my launches worse, as it seems to dumb down the motor / apply the brakes too much. Active handling is a Godsend, though.
Damn, that means i should be that L by a lot more then hey baldurann does it matter if my car is an A4? and sorry for hijacking the thread m8d2run

Last edited by Slow Vette; 03-09-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Banned

the gto compared to my Z28, I've tried launching with the tc on and if you get on it to hard the damn thing will fall flat on its face
i'm still learning how much power to give without the tc messing things up.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Teching In

How does a tc work if you have a stick and are trying to dump the clutch? Sorry I dont have tc and I was not sure if any 6 speeds came with tc.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02BlueFormula
How does a tc work if you have a stick and are trying to dump the clutch? Sorry I dont have tc and I was not sure if any 6 speeds came with tc.
doesn't matter stick or auto the computer cuts power to the motor, all youn can do is let off the gas and then get back on it but not as hard