Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners + wideband help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP tuners + wideband help

I just got HPtuners yesterday, and my wideband (dynojet commander) showed up today. I have a few quick questions. What wire does the 5v line from the commander go to on HPtuners? On the histogram, it shows narrowband(inaccurate). How do I change that?? Where else can I find info on the EIO wiring for this thing??
Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See Hptuners Help File Under Scanner Enhanced Eo
Old 10-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by itchygomey98
I just got HPtuners yesterday, and my wideband (dynojet commander) showed up today. I have a few quick questions. What wire does the 5v line from the commander go to on HPtuners? On the histogram, it shows narrowband(inaccurate). How do I change that?? Where else can I find info on the EIO wiring for this thing??
ditto! there is absolutely DICK for instructions out there regarding what wire goes where on the EIO...
Old 10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on my lm1 there are 3 wires coming out of the controller...one is a ground which goes to hptuners ground wire, the other two are both analog outputs which one of the two goes to hptuners...the last one i just wrap up with electrical tape so it doesnt go anywhere...i dunno how many wires are coming out of your wideband controller but its none too complex imo.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foff667
on my lm1 there are 3 wires coming out of the controller...one is a ground which goes to hptuners ground wire, the other two are both analog outputs which one of the two goes to hptuners...the last one i just wrap up with electrical tape so it doesnt go anywhere...i dunno how many wires are coming out of your wideband controller but its none too complex imo.
thanks a million you're exactly right. my question is which wire on HPTUNERS is the ground, which is the signal?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
FormerVendor

the help file has all that information. you can even search the hel;p file for terms like "EIO" and the likes
Old 10-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
the help file has all that information. you can even search the hel;p file for terms like "EIO" and the likes
honest to god, i've checked everywhere i know to check, including the help file (s), internet, search buttons, and message boards. all i need is somebody to say purple and black (or something) or at least point me to this info so i can read it for myself.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the manual....

Once in the scanner
Old 10-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Launching!

thanks, i appreciate it
Old 10-04-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use any of the A/D inputs, just note that whichever you use , you need to use the appropriate cell in the scanner.

The ground from the Wideband unit goes to the ground wire on the HPT cable if it exists... if not then ground the HPT to a chassis ground (ground to same ground you're using the ground the wideband controller)

Quick Reply: HP tuners + wideband help