Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Cells and Fuel Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cells and Fuel Pumps

Hey guys i'm going to be mounting a fuel cell (for race fuel) in the rear of my car and was wondering what pumps to use and how to mount the. I need them to support 800+ force fed rwhp. I'll be keeping the stock pump in my stock tank.

Would two Inline Walbro pumps work if so where would the be mounted/ wired in.

Or Would a Aeromotive Pump be better suited. (how loud are they really)
Old 03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by Juiced
Hey guys i'm going to be mounting a fuel cell (for race fuel) in the rear of my car and was wondering what pumps to use and how to mount the. I need them to support 800+ force fed rwhp. I'll be keeping the stock pump in my stock tank.

Would two Inline Walbro pumps work if so where would the be mounted/ wired?
Or Would a Aeromotive Pump be better suited. (how loud are they really)
Why do you want to retain that stock system??

They may be made to work, but are not as reliable as one good external pump. IE: one fails, the engine continues to run, but goes very lean, and you know what that means.
When a large single fails, the engine stops...

I use the Aeromotive products, and find they work very well.
Be aware that any injector sizing, pump, and system components have to be sized to the FWHP, not RW....

Last edited by Old Geezer; 03-10-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Aeromotive Pump is really loud. Make sure you mount it to a good solid location (not thin sheet metal) and use plenty of rubber mounts to quiet it down. What ever you do, do not run the pump dry, they burn up fast if starved. I agree with Geezer. Why do you want to run two seperate fuel systems with a forced induction setup. I could understand with N2O, but not forced. I don't even know how you would set that up, but then again I am not a forced induction guy.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

If your going with that type HP the aeromotive is a good pick but you will need a big line to supply the pump. the stock lines would not be a good choice for the supply.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know that it's FWHP and not RWHP. I'm going to use a seperate cell exclusively for race gas. I'm keeping the stock system cause this is going on a corvette so modifyint the plastic tanks will be very hard spacially beacuse of the shape and location. If i go with the aeromotive the pump will be fed by steel braided lines and AN fittings.

How would i wire a dual walbro pump setup independant of the stock system.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Can you try to explain how you would plumb this system. If you run 2 systems how would you combine them. I am assuming you are just going to junction them together at some point. I have never seen this done personally, but I think you would run into serious pressure issues. I say just bulkhead the stock tank and get rid of the cell, or if you want a cell , just ditch the stocker.
When people run 2 tanks for N20 they have 2 completely different systems (lines, pumps, tanks, regulators, etc). I don't know how you would plumb this if you were sharing anything. I am not saying it can't be done, but I just don't understand how or why it would be done.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to go off topic, but what size tank are you getting (physical size not gallons) and where did you get it from, i cant quite find a nice summit one to fit, because i dont want a 4 gallon cell, i was looking at 16 gallon cell and the only one i found to "fit" is awkward and 250 because its metal. as opposed to a plastic cell. any input would be appreciated. thanks!