Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c5 oil pressure shoots up to 128psi..help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c5 oil pressure shoots up to 128psi..help

My buddies wife's 1999 C5 is acting up again..this thing has been a real lemon..in the shop more times than I can remember...column lock numerous times..power steering twice...too many to list...but anyhow...she got in it yesterday morning and when she got rolling down the road the oil pressure shot up to 128psi on the dic under throttle. Does it all the time. We are going to change the oil and filter because there is no reason to believe the idiots at the dealer ever changed the filter when she took it in there. Any other ideas if that doesnt fix the problem. Oil was last changed 3000 miles ago. Oil pressure sensor would be next. I guess the car has 50k miles on it at least. thanks.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
My buddies wife's 1999 C5 is acting up again..this thing has been a real lemon..in the shop more times than I can remember...column lock numerous times..power steering twice...too many to list...but anyhow...she got in it yesterday morning and when she got rolling down the road the oil pressure shot up to 128psi on the dic under throttle. Does it all the time. We are going to change the oil and filter because there is no reason to believe the idiots at the dealer ever changed the filter when she took it in there. Any other ideas if that doesnt fix the problem. Oil was last changed 3000 miles ago. Oil pressure sensor would be next. I guess the car has 50k miles on it at least. thanks.

It's the oil pressure sending unit. It's under the rear of the intake. Easy fix and very common.

Quick Reply: c5 oil pressure shoots up to 128psi..help