IRP To Offer Free Drag Racing Classes

Old 03-11-2005, 06:08 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default IRP To Offer Free Drag Racing Classes

From http://www.irponline.com:

IRP TO OFFER FREE DRAG RACING CLASSES

Come on out to Indianapolis Raceway Park and learn what drag racing is all about. For the first time IRP will be holding a “how to” class on Bracket Racing for beginners or for experienced racers that want to touch up on their skills.

In three short classes starting on April 19th some of IRP’s top drag racers will instruct you from tart to finish on the ins and outs of bracket racing. When the class is over there will still be plenty of time to go racing that evening.

Put your skills to the test and have fun at the same time.

These classes are absolutely FREE, all you have to do is show up.

Dates:
Tuesday night April 19th 6:00 – 7:30
Tuesday night April 26th 6:00 – 7:30
Tuesday night May 3rd 6:00 – 7:30

To register contact Mike Myslinski at IRP at 317-387-7341 or Scott Dillman at Automotion RaceCars at 317-786-9300.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is a great idea, hopefully there will be some good info. this will also get more people into drag racing, and not feel stupid when they go to the track for the first time.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
I think this is a great idea, hopefully there will be some good info. this will also get more people into drag racing, and not feel stupid when they go to the track for the first time.
I agree with you there. Since you can't have passengers in the car with you (IRP strictly enforces it now), it's hard for a newbie to learn how to do it alone. I think that keeps a lot of folks from coming back again. I grew up around the track, so it was a little different for me the first time I tried it. I'm all for growing the sport and keeping the youth safe. Plus they're doing this during the street legal nights, so you can take what you learned and apply it immediately.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds nice i got a buddy that race's up there a lot. I'll probably show up to learn a thing or two. Never hurts to learn new things that can help you out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IRP To Offer Free Drag Racing Classes