Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowtech Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowtech Cutout

I just recieved my flotech cutout today to thro won my car. Its a cheap part, so its no big deal. But i gotta say i am a bit dissapointed in the quality of it. On the inside where the 3" piping is cut to join the two pipes, it looks like it was cut with a chisel and a hammer. It is no where near being a nice smooth piece that transitions well. I was wondering if this was just an anomoly or do all flowtech, or any other cutouts, for that matter, come like this. Do the QTP's come like this also.
My dad is a pipe fitter and hes gonna take it to work with him and use a hole saw(i think he said)and drill the hole out to the welds, to give it a bigger exit hole. I am wondering if anybody else has done this and whether it helped any with sound or performance?
Old 03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they all come like that
Old 03-11-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Every companies is like that. So do you think that if i can get that hole bigger and smoother, it might make more power and sound a bit louder than it does now. If its not gonna make any difference then i wont do it, but if it will, then i definatly will do it. Plus its free and very easy to do.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

I have another question. If i buy the QTP electric cutout will it bolt onto my flowtech manual cutout. I am just now thining i should have just got it all last week. But i just decided to get the electric part, just now.