Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI ssf 3500 tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCI ssf 3500 tuning?

I've been looking at this stall for a while now and see some people talking about tuning for it. Well is this somthing that can be done with the Predator or is it custom tuning on the dyno? Thanks for any replys.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a TCI 3800 in mine. Did not have to do any tuning changes. I do not know why not. But I would think you could not do that with a preditor. You would be much better off buying HPTunners or EFI Live to tune your vehical with. These two programs are a little bit more but what you can do with them compared to Predator is a world apart. Predator is a joke compared to either of these two programs.

Be sure to install a cooler when you put the TCI in. Oh, and be prepared to have to repair and mod your trans too. The factory trans will break soon after the converter install. Mine did. You will shear the splines out of one of the drums or split the drum. You realy should go ahead and have the trans modded out at the same time you instal the converter.

I know you did not want to hear that but it is a fact of life. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you spraying throught the tranny?? A stall alone isn't just going to gernade every stock 4L60E, thats just a fact.