Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger side bank = no fire! help me out please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default passenger side bank = no fire! help me out please...

hey guys, i just finished up my lifter change (used stock heads/cam) and now my entire passenger side cylinder bank is not getting any fire!

the car runs suprisingly smooth, and the idle does not change at all when you unplug the main coil pack harness from the passenger side valvecover

the fuel injectors also do not seem to be pulsating to the touch like the driverside bank is either.

what could be wrong? anything i can check? i simply unplugged the coil harness and the fuel injectors when i was dismantling everything, never touched the PCM at all.

i was puzzled and never imagined it was only running on 4 cylinders! it was just soo smooth! when i tried to rev it it would stumble pretty bad though.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 03-12-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:39 PM
That's what she said...

TTT! i'd like to get it running so i will have somthing to drive tonight
Old 03-12-2005, 11:32 PM
That's what she said...

fixed!!

note to self: always check the fuses!!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You the man.

Doesn't some of the upper class gm vehicles now shut off 4 cylinders when at cruising speed to save gas? I know I read about this from a car magazine.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:41 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Originally Posted by 98BXR
You the man.

Doesn't some of the upper class gm vehicles now shut off 4 cylinders when at cruising speed to save gas? I know I read about this from a car magazine.
It's called displacement on demand, I believe. Never personally owned a vehicle that does this. I think it's so a 6000 lb vehicle can cruise w/o burning a gallon a mile, LOL. Actually, this sounds pretty good right now as 93 octane is about $2.40 a gallon around here at the cheaper places.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

the new GTOs are supposed to have this

they funny thing is that even with DoD the car only gets 19 miles to the gallon on the highway
Old 03-16-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Just curious what fuses you had that went bad. I am having a similiar problem. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:23 AM
That's what she said...

well my fuse panel cover stickers are so distorted, i cant really read them. if you are standing beside the driverside fender looking into the engine bay, its the box on your left, and the top left fuse. it was a 15 amp small fuse in my car.

i went thru checking them all and PRAYING for a blown one

it seems like when the spark was cut, it was just pumping unburnt fuel to the O2 sensors, which were screaming "holy **** its WAAAAY too rich" to the PCM, thus, shutting down the fuel injectors on that bank

the reason the header tubes on that bank were heating up a little bit, but not anything like the driverside, is because it was still compressing the air, just not burning it, thus, making the tubes heat a little bit.