Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

vibration between 30 and 40

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration between 30 and 40

pretty much that, i just put in a set of 3.23s (used) and put new bearings on everything, it has a bit of a howl now but everyone tells me thats because the gears are used (and its not loud so i can live with that). but as im driving around 30-40 and let off the gas, i hear like a vibration and i can feel it in the floorboards, but once i give it the slightest bit of gas it goes away, and if i go any faster or slower, the vibration goes away. also if i go about 60 and let it coast down it wont vibrate untill i give it gas around 30-40 and let off

and if the cars been sitting for a while (like over night or all day at work) it doesnt do it, but after about 3 minutes of driving its starts up, plus it doesnt happen all the time, its intermittient but it happens more than it doesnt

any suggestions, tomarrow im gonna drop the driveshaft and see if the pinion is loose at all
Old 03-14-2005, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

sorry, i cant let this die, its really annoying, anyone have any ideas at all??
Old 03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

You might also try to loosen the rear pinion yoke bolts and rotate the driveshaft 180* then reinstall it. Assuming your still running the OEM shaft.