Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for all of you running a fast system, or any other aftermarket ecu

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for all of you running a fast system, or any other aftermarket ecu

with the aftermarket computers such as the fast, which is what im running, what altenator do you run. my question comes up becuase the alt. output is regulated by the factory computer. does the factory alt. default to a specific output?

trying to determine if i can run a moroso or madman mount and stick with the factory alt. or if i need a single wire race alt.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerz
with the aftermarket computers such as the fast, which is what im running, what altenator do you run. my question comes up becuase the alt. output is regulated by the factory computer. does the factory alt. default to a specific output?

trying to determine if i can run a moroso or madman mount and stick with the factory alt. or if i need a single wire race alt.
I have the Accel gen 7 +. I reduced the exciter wire voltage with a 12 volt to 5 volt voltage reducer from Radio Shack. One of those ones that plug into the cigarette lighter. My buddy Mark modified it to run in line on the exciter wire. Works great.