Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nice day in the mountains

Old 03-14-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nice day in the mountains

Had a great time in the mountains today. Spanked three bikes today. A Suzuki GSXR {dunno which size-, he didn't stop to chat } and two guys on Yamaha R1s. The dude on the Gixer actually pulled up next too me in a passing lane and egged me on. He tried to throw up a wheelie {wasn't too good at it though}. We then took off. He was worse than a mediocre rider, pretty easy kill. He didn't even want to play when I slowed down and let him catch up. I stopped at the local meet-up spot and he kept going.

The other two guys on R1s were a bit faster. One of the fellers was a good bit faster than the other guy but I could still pull away from the faster guy slowly in the curves. We totally left the slower dude. To tell you the truth, he didn't even pull me too awful bad in the straights either. Unlike the Gixer guy, these two actually stopped and we yapped for awhile.

I might have to get me some kill stickers made up for the front fender of the Hawk! Hey,,, I used to race bikes along time ago,,, I know how fast they are. I know that when I outrun a bike in the mountains it's because of a mediocre rider or the bike is something less than a 600c sportbike. A good rider will leave me for dead. BUT,,, that's why I have so much fun surprising the not-so-good riders. It surprises the heck out of them when I keep up {or even pull away from}. Also know it has to be embarrassing,, it would be like getting outrun in the mountains by a Kia Rio.

It's also good to know those roads like the back of your hand. Can't tell you how many times I've been up and down that mountain. If any of ya'll are in the N.E. Ga. area, please give me a holler. We can meet up and play around up there. Let me know and I will bring the camera and get some good pics.

The road I'm talking about is Hwy 129N between Cleveland Ga. and Blairesville Ga., alot of folks just call it Blood Mountain {named by Native Americans a long time ago before bikes and cars ever thought about busting their butts up there}.

Last edited by Judd; 03-15-2005 at 12:22 AM.

Search this Thread