Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatech Headers

guys im planing on getting a set of Dynahtech mild steel headers for my M6 2001 SS just wanted your opinions on it specially if someone already has it installed on his car . by the way will i face clearence problems as my car is lowered with a set of Eibach Pro Kit which i beleive is a 1.5 drop !
Old 03-15-2005, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Installed a set of Dynatech SuperMAXX headers on a friends car last summer. They are stainless steel and the fitment was very good. The only thing we had to remove was the oil filter to get the driver side header in. He isn't lowered so I can't answer that question. However, I am lowered with BMR springs which lowered me a little over an inch and have the FLP headers which are basically the same design. I only scrape the y-pipe every now and then on tall speed bumps.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chad01Z28
Installed a set of Dynatech SuperMAXX headers on a friends car last summer. They are stainless steel and the fitment was very good. The only thing we had to remove was the oil filter to get the driver side header in. He isn't lowered so I can't answer that question. However, I am lowered with BMR springs which lowered me a little over an inch and have the FLP headers which are basically the same design. I only scrape the y-pipe every now and then on tall speed bumps.

thanks for the reply .. i just ordered them and hopefully it all goes well
Old 03-16-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

well, i have the prokit and the dynatechs and i scrap the y-pipe and a bit of the cats on high bumps. I will be adjusting the ride height soon, but i am a vert. so my drop is probably more....

Also, they are stainless steel and a great fit. No problems and the instructions are very detailed..no worries man, you'll like them!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by obZidian
well, i have the prokit and the dynatechs and i scrap the y-pipe and a bit of the cats on high bumps. I will be adjusting the ride height soon, but i am a vert. so my drop is probably more....

Also, they are stainless steel and a great fit. No problems and the instructions are very detailed..no worries man, you'll like them!!!!
i hope i dont scrap alot though !! thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

I have the stainless Dynatech LT's and they fit great. And I didn't have to remove the oil filter to install. Maybe because the heads were off at the time...
I've compared the clearance with other systems and the Dynatech's are probably the best. But I think the 2.5" y-pipe vs. 3" is the real reason the clearance is so good.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by technical
I have the stainless Dynatech LT's and they fit great. And I didn't have to remove the oil filter to install. Maybe because the heads were off at the time...
I've compared the clearance with other systems and the Dynatech's are probably the best. But I think the 2.5" y-pipe vs. 3" is the real reason the clearance is so good.
what cat back do you have installed ?

i have a corsa and i love the way it sounds so i really hope it doesn't mess the sound
Old 03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

BlaqSS.....with the Corsa, if you run without cats 9 times out of 10 you are going to pick up some rasp in your exhaust note. Most noticeable in the 2000-3000rpm range. If you run cats, you will have just a hint of rasp to no rasp at all. An alternative would be to weld in a bullet muffler into the I-pipe of your Corsa to minimize the rasp if you want to run without cats.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

I have these on my 98ss. headers fit great (didn't remove anything.)
none of the emissions stuff fit at all.
y-pipe fit like s**t also, has a wierd size tail on the y pipe. a major pain to install. i hate them...
Old 03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlaqSS
what cat back do you have installed ?

i have a corsa and i love the way it sounds so i really hope it doesn't mess the sound
mine did. picked up a rasp when cold. goes away when warm (beats the hell out of me as to why)
is somewhat louder than before..
Old 03-16-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

I have the SLP Dual/Dual from the factory. I have the cats that came with the Dynatech's. The sound is incredible although quite tame. If I were to describe it...very sports car sounding.

Over the years I've noticed that every car that I put headers on went from a mellow sound (manifolds) to a more punchier sound regardless of the rest of the exhaust.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:34 AM
Teching In

well im going to have the cats on for a start .. for the drag strip im gonna remove them so the rasp sound wont matter then .. i enjoy a nice drive without having the exhaust sound annoying me from the inside .. outside i dont really care how bad it might sound ..
Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Teching In

a couple of pics of my 01 SS ... i hope that nothing scraps though

Quick Reply: Dynatech Headers