Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are 10's close??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are 10's close??

I have never been to the track or even the dyno for that matter. I just bought these parts and was wondering if I would be any where close to 10's. The mods are in my sig. Stock rear still and 3.23 gears.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:42 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell yeah, you got the power to get into the 10's. You will have to work on your chasse setup; however.

Coach
Old 03-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default thanks

so what else do I need to run in the 10's? I know I need a rear and I am saving up for one right now, but other than that what do I need? The only suspension mods I have is a BMR adjustable torque arm, but it was the extreme one, I think. I also of course have the drag launch springs. What else do I need?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Banned

Default ttt

ttt can someone answer my Q??
Old 03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Coach is saying is that you have the power. You need to find the suspension to get the power to the track.

I don't see any suspension mods. You'll need a set of good adjustable shock on all 4 corners (QA1's work fine-but there are better). SFC, adjustable LCA, a very good TQ Arm, and a good aftermarket rear sway bar. Look at some of the signatures of other 10 second cars. Go to their web pages. You can learn a lot by just reading other posts. A lot of these questions have been asked and answered.

To be on the safe side -- save up for an aftermarket rear end. You may get by with a few passes on the stocker but not many (if truly pure stock).

A good set of tires. The M/T new street drag radial is working good, or just go to a slick.

As you can see there is a lot of variables. Oh by the way, what's your weight, where do you race, altitude of the track, etc, etc.

Good luck

David
Old 03-17-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
so what else do I need to run in the 10's? I know I need a rear and I am saving up for one right now, but other than that what do I need? The only suspension mods I have is a BMR adjustable torque arm, but it was the extreme one, I think. I also of course have the drag launch springs. What else do I need?
this i what i have so far, but i made high high 10's without the sway bar and the kmember/arms or shocks.
FRONT SUSPENSION
-BMR LOWER A-ARMS
-HAL “R” SERIES DRAG SHOCKS AND SPRINGS

REAR SUSPENSION
-BMR ADJUSTABLE TORQUE ARM
-BMR EXTREME DRAG BAR
-BMR TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS
-BMR WELD ON RELOCATION BRACKETS
-BMR ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR
-HAL REAR DRAG SHOCKS
Old 03-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Banned

Default thanks

thanks guys, I do have a BMR adjustable torque arm, I don't know which one, but it is orange and pretty beefy. Yea, I am trying to get someone to owner finance me a rear end, but no luck yet. I spent my money on the h/c before the rear foolishly, but I couldn't pass up the heads and cam for the prices I got them for. Also I will look into getting the suspension mods, but I guess I really need a rear first, so thanks for the help guys. I have the Nitto 555R Extreme Drag Radials and they hook good for me now, but I haven't installed evwerything from my sig yet to see what happens with more power. Thanks again guys and any more advice would be greatly welcomed from a young gun