Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lunati Pro Mod(LAE1) vs. Pro Billet(LTE9) connecting rods.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lunati Pro Mod(LAE1) vs. Pro Billet(LTE9) connecting rods.

I am building a 427 and I am trying to decide on the rotating assembly. I already have the block, custom Diamond pistons, and AFR 225 heads(on order). I ordered the Lunati crank today and was going to order the LAE1 rods but was told by the tech rep at Lunati that they do not recommend using these rods in the LS1.

His reason is they are not LS1 specific rods like the LTE9. The LAE1 rods he said are a universal off center rod where as the LTE9 is a center casted rod specifically for the LS1. I did a search and could not find anything on this.

I am building a 427 with AFR 225 heads, a hydrolic 640ish lift cam, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, OYP, Borla catback, built 4L60E, 4000 stall, and at most 200 DP nitours shot. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar setup running the LAE1 rods or should I go ahead and pay the large differeance for the LTE9 rods with the power I will have.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

It depends on how much of an offset the LAE1 rods have and how much your pistons can take. On most pistons you should be able to use the offset rods, but if your pin boss is brought in really tight (like on a really lightweight, low compression height piston), you could run into a problem.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Well the rep at Lunati did not recommend using them at all.

My pistons are 1.111 lbs. each and are domed for about 12.1:1 compression.

How do I figure out how offset the rods are and how tight my pin boss is?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club + 14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Alias
I am building a 427 and I am trying to decide on the rotating assembly. I already have the block, custom Diamond pistons, and AFR 225 heads(on order). I ordered the Lunati crank today and was going to order the LAE1 rods but was told by the tech rep at Lunati that they do not recommend using these rods in the LS1.

His reason is they are not LS1 specific rods like the LTE9. The LAE1 rods he said are a universal off center rod where as the LTE9 is a center casted rod specifically for the LS1. I did a search and could not find anything on this.

I am building a 427 with AFR 225 heads, a hydrolic 640ish lift cam, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, OYP, Borla catback, built 4L60E, 4000 stall, and at most 200 DP nitours shot. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar setup running the LAE1 rods or should I go ahead and pay the large differeance for the LTE9 rods with the power I will have.

i used the pro billet rods with my motor #'s in sig, i didnt trust the cheaper ones with my current power and i'm in the process of adding another
100 rwhp to it.

Quick Reply: Lunati Pro Mod(LAE1) vs. Pro Billet(LTE9) connecting rods.