Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans acting weird after throttle body install

Old 03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans acting weird after throttle body install

I recently took my stock tb off and installed a BBK 52mm. My trans shhifter weird at first, until I adjusted the butterflies and got the TPS into spec.

Then I noticed another weird problem. While cruising, sometimes if I give it a little bit more throttle, the rpm will raise, but the car won't accelerate much. If I give it a little bit more throttle, the rpm will raise some more, and then the car will all of a sudden snap forward and begin to accelerate normally. Everything is normal at WOT.

The torque convertor is a Coan rated at 2500, that footbrakes to 2800 and flashes to ~3100-3200 on launch. It's a couple years old, and I've never noticed it do this before.

You think my convertor is getting worn out? The current trans is stock while I am saving up to get my FLP Level IV repaired (lost 2nd gear), and I have a cooler on it. Ever since I swapped the stock trans in, the convertor hasn't locked. I dunno if the lock-up solenoid is bad, or if I have the brake pedal switch adjusted improperly, but I haven't had time to mess around with it.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is nothing wrong with the TB... check your Tranny ... it might be the Converter or might be some electrical thing .. check it out with an Auto Tab

Search this Thread