Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Tires on the Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Tires on the Z

Hey guys,

Thought I would post up and let you know about the tires I placed on the 98Z last night. Instead of all the high dollar name brands, I went with something that I have had very good experience with. Always used their Grand AM Radial GT's on my muscle cars, but for this car, I placed a set of Multi-Mile Mirada Sport GTX on the stock chrome 5 star wheels. The tires are 245/50/16 and they are definelty nice looking.

The weather here is crappy right now with drizzle and rain in the area but the car handled really well on the wet roads. In fact with the new brakes I placed on it the night before, its like a new car!

The grip is really good on both rain soaked and semi-dry roads and they have always lasted me a long time. Once we get some dry weather, I will clean the ol girl up and put them to the test. Price mounted and balanced with a four wheel alignment was $494 out the door.

Now I just need some BMR suspension componets and new shocks.

Just thought I would share for those looking for tires on their car. Post up or PM if you have any questions.

Mike
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Let us know how it works and don't talk to me about crappy weather! It is still in the 20's here.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

I am going to try and leave work before the next band of heavy rain moves in for the night and I will let you all know. Hopefully the weather will straighen itself out in the next few weeks.

Mike
Old 03-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Cool, that is a good price.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

These tires rocked on the dry surface and they are doing great in the pouring rain as well!!! In fact, the steering and grip is so good, that I am having to get used to driving the car again. When I first had the tires put on, I was oversteering since I was used to the car sliding all over the place. The weather will be nicer this weekend so I try to snap a shot once I get her cleaned up.

Mike