Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Advise: ABS-INOP light came on after new gear change.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advise: ABS-INOP light came on after new gear change.

Hey all:
I just picked up my car from having gears installed. I went from a 273 to a 342 with a new posi unit and all new bearings. When I picked it up the ABS-INOP light was on. Could this be due to the computer? I will be getting the car tunned this Sunday and will have him make all the changes for the gear swap. Or is there another problem? I asked the mechanic and he said the sensor and everything was ok and it was due to it not being programmed for the new gears.
I am just a little worried.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Hey all:
I just picked up my car from having gears installed. I went from a 273 to a 342 with a new posi unit and all new bearings. When I picked it up the ABS-INOP light was on. Could this be due to the computer? I will be getting the car tunned this Sunday and will have him make all the changes for the gear swap. Or is there another problem? I asked the mechanic and he said the sensor and everything was ok and it was due to it not being programmed for the new gears.
The shop who installed the gears did not get the extra thick ABS ring from GM. On 3 series carriers the ABS ring is .50 of an inch thick and on a 2 series it's only .25 or so thick so you need to contact them and get the right one put in.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Also on the ABS sensor I was told that it has only one that goes to the back and works of the speedo. Is this true and if so then will the tune fix it when he corrects the gear change? Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 09:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Also on the ABS sensor I was told that it has only one that goes to the back and works of the speedo. Is this true and if so then will the tune fix it when he corrects the gear change? Thanks
Speedo is in the tranny, not axle.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BAD86Z28
The shop who installed the gears did not get the extra thick ABS ring from GM. On 3 series carriers the ABS ring is .50 of an inch thick and on a 2 series it's only .25 or so thick so you need to contact them and get the right one put in.
Any chance you, or anyone know's the part # for the thicker abs ring that I need?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:18 AM
Teching In

Hey all:
Hi!

If you have no traction control, you need an ABS ring, if not installed
check at here:

http://www.lmperformance.com/2929/1.html

you can check your rear ABS sensor easy, use a volt meter, and turn around your ABS sensor near a steel object, you need to see some voltage (about 1.5 v)

sorry for my poor language, I write from europe

Quick Reply: Advise: ABS-INOP light came on after new gear change.