Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Cylinders 7 and 8 fouling out?!!!

Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinders 7 and 8 fouling out?!!!

Any one know if LS1 pcms do anything funny on start up that would cause the number 7 and 8 cylinders to foul out? All the rest of the plugs look fine. I've been pulling it in out of the shop for the past 2 months just to get it out of the way and I started it last night to pull it back in and it started running like ****. I found 7 and 8 soaking wet no spark at all. Any ideas?
Old 03-17-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the harness connected to your coil packs close.Sounds like you have a intermitent problem with the wires resulting in the coil/s not firing.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Check the harness connected to your coil packs close.Sounds like you have a intermitent problem with the wires resulting in the coil/s not firing.

Checked the wires resistance and it checks out. I also swaped the coil pack to the front and made no diffrence. I put new plugs in and it seems to be running great now but I'm still worried why it did that in the first place. Oh yeah I am also running a 4 step colder plug for the juice this may also be a problem but I would think it would fould them all out and not just the two. Besides I've been running these same plaugs for a yea now with no problems. This just came out of no where and I just figured it was from all the start ups moving the car around so much.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you not drive the car much? With the colder plugs my car will chalk the plugs up(rich),and run a lil rough from moving the car in and out of the shop twice a day,short idles times,and not being drivin much.Have'nt had them get wet though.

Search this Thread