Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes superchrgd ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercedes superchrgd ?

I have an E-55 2005 and am developing a 40 hp dry set up...on this car there is no MAF but car uses charge air temp and pressure to calculate air mass/density. I am aware of others who have used 50+ setups using this approach successfully using two .031 jets before the air cleaner.
I have two questions (1) does anyone have an opinion of this type of dry low hp setup , its safety, and ability of sensors to compensate injector time? (2) if I went wet I would have to plumb into either side of the dual intakes running to the throttle body and about 11" from the TB...think of a T with the leg the short tube to the TB(tube is about 1 1/2") and the upper bar of the T figure the two air intake pipes coming from the air filter. Would this work using a single fogger type nozzle? If so what jetting would you suggest?

Any opinion as to which low hp setup would be better...35-50 dry and 50-75 wet>

And finally can you attach an AN fitting directly to the schrader valve end of the fuel rail once the core is removed?

I would really appreciate ANY input....I have spoken to one manufacturer who was quite helpful but failed to explain the T setup for the wet nozzle placement. Thanks in advance
Old 03-17-2005, 08:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you post some pictures? It would help me better understand. As long as the throttle body does not have a devider I dont see why you cant use one single wet nozzle on it.Unfortintly I do not know enough about that car to give you advise on the dry setup.
Dave
Old 03-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Teching In

I've got an 01 E430 MB with a Eaton M112 blower and have been debating the N20 install. I recently purchased the NOS intercooler spray bar kit I plan to install it this weekend and perhaps go with a fogger kit in the future.

Here's a link of a shop that has installed N20 on a W211 E55, they may be of assistance with the technical aspects.

Dyno Tech Engineering

Good luck and keep us posted with your results!

Cheers
Richard
Old 03-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Dave,

Can't do pics....maybe I can explain it better...there are two air boxes on each side of the supercharger which sets between the cylinder banks....at the back of each box there's a rubber tube which runs to a connector T behind the throttle body...the rubber hose connect to each side of the T and connector attaches to the throttle body. I planned on using one nozzle near the junction of rubber hose and left air box junction....this is about 10 inches from mouth of throttle body....hope this helps

Thanks Brabus for info
Old 03-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Good Stuff! Here's another link with an 03 W211 E55 spraying a 50 dry shot.

03 W211 E55 juiced!

BTW: Any reason why not to use a wet shot???