Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got Lucky

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got Lucky

I travel a back road to and from work. The speed limit is 55 but noone other than tourist and old people drive that. So this morning on the way in I get behind a dually running a little under 65, which is normally a good speed. However, we go around a bend in the road and I see noone in front of him. I decided to pass.

After hitting 75 I am easily past him and I can not see anyone in front of me on the 2 mile straight away. So I decided to lay back into it for a few seconds. I look down and I am doing 95. I let off and ease back down to 70 (on a 55). As soon as I do I look in the review and there is a car passing the dually. Which is a least a mile behind me now. I continue to pay attention to this vehicle. I can tell it is also hauling *** and catching me. I hold me speed at 70.

Before I know it he is on me like stink on sh... Meanwhile the straight aways are ending as we head to the winding tree covered section. If this guy is going to pass me he better do it now or remain behind me for the next 5 miles.
He stays behind me for about twenty seconds and then passes. As he does I look over and I see the blue reflective tape "HIGHWAY PATROL". There is nothing like going 40 miles over the spead limit and then see a trooper on your *** while you are maintain 15 over. Before I know he is gone.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:18 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

very lucky my friend. 40 over would've been a massacre on your record.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Very lucky man.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a feeling as I saw him pass that dually. That is why I coasted back down instead of hitting the break lights. Not sure if that would have matter or not. He could have just been a hurry as well. You can imagine the size of my eyes and the OH Crap feeling that settled upon me.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
I had a feeling as I saw him pass that dually. That is why I coasted back down instead of hitting the break lights. Not sure if that would have matter or not. He could have just been a hurry as well. You can imagine the size of my eyes and the OH Crap feeling that settled upon me.
actually u backin off helped u....my dad is a state probation parole officer and i know about that kinda ****...also helps with speeding ...but yea DEF. know that feeling when u see a cop pull up on u hard....my heart jumps into my throat