Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive L-trims going to kill people help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive L-trims going to kill people help

Ok im getting a positive 6 ltrim at WOT. I have gone through and added 20 to the grids in the VE table that i was getting the possitive ltrim went and test drove it again still getting positive 6 and the ltrims where reset.. I drove about 20 miles and logged some more, same result positive 6. After that i added about 30 more across the grid where i was getting the positive l-trim and went and test ran again. This time at WOT i was getting about positiv .8 but it feels way slower. Am i doing this right? i tried to calculate what my tables should be from the ve thread but i couldn't figure it out

here are some logs and screen shots if anyone would look it over for me
http://67.181.237.183/calfiles/screenshot/31005.csv

Here is a screen shot of the changes i made the first time around (its in compare mode)
Old 03-18-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the VE table the correct one to adjust for WOT tuning? Are you running a MAF?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Is the VE table the correct one to adjust for WOT tuning? Are you running a MAF?
Yes im running a MAF and everywhere i have looked there has been 3 different ways people have said to adjust for. 1.Maf 2. VE and 3.IFR and i have heard it very from which one to use from person to person. The majority of what i have read is that you shouldn't change the MAF table if you are running a stock maf with the screen and its not ported or anything and that you shouldn't change the IFR unless you actually have injectors other than stock and everyone seems to agree that the VE table should be changed for the Ltrims if you are running a cam, head work, bigger engine, etc. This is just what i have gathered and i have probably spent over 5 hours this last week of searching and reading.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with not messing with the MAF table on a stock maf and only adjusting the IFR table to adjust injector for different size injectors. I am still learning this tuning by computer stuff but thought the PE vs. RPM table was the one to adjust for WOT.?. Supposedly without wideband tuning you will only get it close, the stock O2 sensors aren't real accurate at WOT.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Restricted User

With Edit, I used the PE table, for Power Enrichment, i.e. WOT tuning. VE Table for fine tuning, which +6 Trims to 0- -1 is not fine tuning. Good luck and post up results.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAT3
With Edit, I used the PE table, for Power Enrichment, i.e. WOT tuning. VE Table for fine tuning, which +6 Trims to 0- -1 is not fine tuning. Good luck and post up results.
Correct me if im wrong but i didn't think the PE table had any effect on Ltrims, isn't it just a multiplier that is used for a target a/f when in PE. As for the VE table you say only for fine tuning so what do you use if its way off? Also earlier i did another log and it was .8 again so i added a little more in the cells where it was at .8, Now i added i didn't subtract and i went out to do another test run and i had +4.8 ltrims. Why would i have gotten .8 before and all of the sudden i get +4.8 the weather was a little overcast when i did this log and was clear on the one that was .8 earlier in the day. Would weather make that big of a difference? i wouldn't think so. any advice? im probably going to run another log tommorow and see if the results are consistant with my last log. It just seems like everything is going all over the place and not staying consistant
Old 03-20-2005, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

When you said you added numbers to the VE table did you add in the WOT section of the ve table (ie: 95-105kpa areas on the VE table) or the specific areas on the histogram you were seeing positive trims?

How long of a log did you do to see your postive fuel trims?

Did you have the histogram to show Min/Max/ or average values? (when you right click on the histogram after playing back a log)

Did you reset your fuel trims again before logging anymore information? if not it's still going based off of previous runs and will take quite a while to reflect the changes you have made.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Are you making changes to the Primary VE table or Secondary VE table (if you have both)?

I have both Primary and Secondary and since the Histrogram matches the Primary table (15,20,25,30, etc...) I make my changes to it, but then I copy and paste the 20, 30, 40 etc... columns to the Secondary.

I learned the hard way that changes wouldn't show up unless I changed the Secondary table.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

I disconnected the MAF and adjusted the VE table until the trims were good. Reconnected the MAF and adjusted the MAF table until the trims were correct.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gtodoug
When you said you added numbers to the VE table did you add in the WOT section of the ve table (ie: 95-105kpa areas on the VE table) or the specific areas on the histogram you were seeing positive trims?

How long of a log did you do to see your postive fuel trims?

Did you have the histogram to show Min/Max/ or average values? (when you right click on the histogram after playing back a log)

Did you reset your fuel trims again before logging anymore information? if not it's still going based off of previous runs and will take quite a while to reflect the changes you have made.
when i added to the table i added in all the cells i was seeing +ltrims including WOT, so i added from 60kpa-100kpa. Each log i did was about 10-20 minutes (it varried) of various driving. When i got down logging i exported to excel and sorted that way. Also each time i made a change i reset the ltrims and drove about 15 miles before i did any logging.

As for the primary and secondary VE table i only changed the primary. I have a backup VE table but i didn't make any changes to that because i was under the impression it didn't have an effect unless something was wrong.