Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 takes 1 liter Ninja!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 takes 1 litre Ninja!

So, I got the cars PCM back from a mail order tune (new QTP Headers ), its 55' and I'm heading to band practice on Friday night.
I'm on Rt. 22, a divided 4 lane rural highway. I'm doing a fairly aggressive 80mph or so in the posted 45mph ..... I see a bike coming up fast....I get in the right lane, and soon enough, he passes me. But a light ahead turns red , and we both come to a stop at the red light. It's a green Ninja ZX-10R. Whatever, I say .... VAROOM I throw him a rev.... he grins and revs to like 100,000,000 rpms back at me. I point to the red light and mouth the words "Lets Go". He nods in agreement, then motions for me to roll my window down... I do and he says my exhaust sounds awesome.... I say "thanks! I just put headers on. I'm stock, but your going down! ". I rev to 3k, and wait the green light...... Bang !! I slip the clutch perfectly , then stomp the gas until my shift light blinds me and I grab 2nd.... he's at my rear fender now,, and I start slowly pulling away from him.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the truth... I got excited, revved to about 3k and just dumped the clutch,... I went up in smoke, the shift light is on already, and I'm only doing like 20mph...I let off the gas and shift to 2nd gear,, then get back on the throttle.... I look over and he's on his rear tire only, 7 car lengths ahead, pulling away from me like I'm in reverse... I run it up to 100 mph although I'm so far back there's really no point..... about a mile later, the biker is in a left turn lane.... he waves and gives me a thumbs up and I honk and throw him a thumbs up. Cool guy on an insane fast ride!

Last edited by mrbobo; 03-19-2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

And the whole time I was just waiting to raise the flag, lol. Hey, at least you had a good time.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

hahaha good fake out im drunk and was like what shitty *** bike was he on if all u had was headers my dads 600cc bandit coulda run with you. good death and story.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:06 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by DAn95
hahaha good fake out im drunk and was like what shitty *** bike was he on if all u had was headers my dads 600cc bandit coulda run with you. good death and story.

lol I love this forum
Old 03-20-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow Im glad you told the truth. I hope to race my own bike in my ss some day 120 mph+ all throttle wheelies are way to fun .From what ive seen those zx10r's are a little bit scarier than the gixxers.

Last edited by Jake the SSnake; 03-20-2005 at 02:02 AM. Reason: just cuz i can
Old 03-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Staging Lane

Scary is right. I keep having flashbacks... ..... a green demon, on 1 wheel - making me look slower than a 70's woody station wagon.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrbobo
So, I got the cars PCM back from a mail order tune (new QTP Headers ), its 55' and I'm heading to band practice on Friday night.
I'm on Rt. 22, a divided 4 lane rural highway. I'm doing a fairly aggressive 80mph or so in the posted 45mph ..... I see a bike coming up fast....I get in the right lane, and soon enough, he passes me. But a light ahead turns red , and we both come to a stop at the red light. It's a green Ninja ZX-10R. Whatever, I say .... VAROOM I throw him a rev.... he grins and revs to like 100,000,000 rpms back at me. I point to the red light and mouth the words "Lets Go". He nods in agreement, then motions for me to roll my window down... I do and he says my exhaust sounds awesome.... I say "thanks! I just put headers on. I'm stock, but your going down! ". I rev to 3k, and wait the green light...... Bang !! I slip the clutch perfectly , then stomp the gas until my shift light blinds me and I grab 2nd.... he's at my rear fender now,, and I start slowly pulling away from him.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the truth... I got excited, revved to about 3k and just dumped the clutch,... I went up in smoke, the shift light is on already, and I'm only doing like 20mph...I let off the gas and shift to 2nd gear,, then get back on the throttle.... I look over and he's on his rear tire only, 7 car lengths ahead, pulling away from me like I'm in reverse... I run it up to 100 mph although I'm so far back there's really no point..... about a mile later, the biker is in a left turn lane.... he waves and gives me a thumbs up and I honk and throw him a thumbs up. Cool guy on an insane fast ride!
Sound's alot like my story, but I got beat by what seemed like a mile, and this guy on the bike was insaine!!! He was on one wheel the the whole time, standing up straight, and weaving through traffic all standing up on one wheel.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 03-20-2005 at 01:09 PM.