Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How strong do you think this will be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How strong do you think this will be?

Buddy has full BMR suspension, and wants/needs a better T/A. Currently he is running a BMR bolt in T/A mounted to the trans tailshaft. How strong will the below crossmember be in relation to, say, a BMR Extreme T/A or similar, crossmember based T/A? I personally think it'll be fine, he's worried that its not going to be strong enough. Looking at it, it'll take a hell of a catastrophic event to break that mount. He is running a 406 SBC carbed motor, large NOS shot, and is hoping for low/mid 9s fwiw.

Thanks, Shawn

Old 03-19-2005, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

it looks strong enough to take that kind of power, but there's another benefit to running the X-treme T/A or equivalent........it's shorter and creates a quicker instant center or whatever you want to call it and is supposed to produce quicker 60' times and have less twist/give to it due to it's shorter length. perhaps someone else can chime in and explain this better than i did.

and fwiw, i'm considering selling my new in the box (opened), BMR X-T/A for $450 firm complete. it's black btw. if interested, pm me. if not, my answer is still the same as far as the benefit he should and will realize with a shorter T/A.

Dave
Old 03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
and fwiw, i'm considering selling my new in the box (opened), BMR X-T/A for $450 firm complete. it's black btw. if interested, pm me. if not, my answer is still the same as far as the benefit he should and will realize with a shorter T/A.

Dave
Why are you thinking of selling? If you do decide to sell, i call 1st dibs
!!!

Matt
Old 03-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Motorboater

eh i'm not a fan of tq arms that attatch to the trans in anything quicker than a low 1.5 sixty foot and or high 10's..