Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

any real cops in here ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any real cops in here ?

i was cruising around tonight with my friend chris and i wanted to hear what my car sounded like from outside so i told him he could drive it up down the street if he wanted. well of course he gets pulled right over and the cops say he was racing. and they find he had some illegal things on him which they took.( nothing major) and they then felt the need to tell me that i could not come back up to their main street because it would be treaspassing and that i would be arrested. i was just wondering if thats just a line of BS from the cops to scare me or is it true
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 AM
12 Second Club

BULLSHIT! cant get you for trespassing unless its privatly owned its a city street you cant trespass on a city street! and the race thing were there any cars around? take him to court and have him explain how the scene went down and why he gave only your friend the ticket and not the other *racer* he cant get your friend for posession just a minor fine and maybe exibition of speed. So take his punk *** to court.! And have him say what he clocked you at and also ask when the last time he got his radar calibrated! they are supose to do it every 3 weeks but they never do! take his *** to court my friend hes only really got your friend on posession if thats what he had.Tell that cop hes a *** too, for me.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:05 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up I agree!

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
BULLSHIT! cant get you for trespassing unless its privatly owned its a city street you cant trespass on a city street! and the race thing were there any cars around? take him to court and have him explain how the scene went down and why he gave only your friend the ticket and not the other *racer* he cant get your friend for posession just a minor fine and maybe exibition of speed. So take his punk *** to court.! And have him say what he clocked you at and also ask when the last time he got his radar calibrated! they are supose to do it every 3 weeks but they never do! take his *** to court my friend hes only really got your friend on posession if thats what he had.Tell that cop hes a *** too, for me.
I could have not said it better myself.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

was ur friend black....LMAO oh BTW im black for those u read this and are thinkin WTF....just one of those things that ud have to be in my shoes 2 understand

Last edited by SStheBest; 03-20-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
This is not true! There is nothing saying they have to have it calibrated every 3 weeks. In fact, every radar comes with tuning forks which the cop has to use every time he uses the radar-that is considered calibrating. The whole calibration in court is a crock, don't try using it as an escape.

Did your friend get charged for those "illegal things"-nevertheless, that has nothing to do with you.

Unless there is a town ordinance or something, there is no such monster as trespassing on community (city, state) property-the street. So that was probably a crock-besides, it should be a judge telling you that, not the police. So no, that is not true, but just to be safe, call the county clerk-and they can explain it to you.

The racing thing-there must be 2 cars to be considered racing.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
This is not true! There is nothing saying they have to have it calibrated every 3 weeks. In fact, every radar comes with tuning forks which the cop has to use every time he uses the radar-that is considered calibrating. The whole calibration in court is a crock, don't try using it as an escape.

Did your friend get charged for those "illegal things"-nevertheless, that has nothing to do with you.

Unless there is a town ordinance or something, there is no such monster as trespassing on community (city, state) property-the street. So that was probably a crock-besides, it should be a judge telling you that, not the police. So no, that is not true, but just to be safe, call the county clerk-and they can explain it to you.

The racing thing-there must be 2 cars to be considered racing.

Hope this helps!
state to state could be different but in LA. if you spin the tires they can give you a ticket for drag racing
Old 03-20-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randy Grabert
state to state could be different but in LA. if you spin the tires they can give you a ticket for drag racing
Exactly. Also, it's not really considered "drag racing" in PA. It's more of a "contest of speed", whether it be by YOURSELF, or with another car.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
Exactly. Also, it's not really considered "drag racing" in PA. It's more of a "contest of speed", whether it be by YOURSELF, or with another car.
well damn that sucks...glad SC isnt like that...atleast not to my knowledge
Old 03-20-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

some cities have a no cruising ordinace, if you pass on a street x amount of times in x time period they can give you a ticket. this sounds like a d*(& cop though.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anthony they just like picking on your car. Two nights in a row.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

ya i was thinking the same thing about how its BS to its trespassing to drive down a main street. at the time i didnt wanna say anything cause i didnt wanna get in more trouble. and the illegal thing my friend has was brass nuclkles so it wasnt like he was dealing drugs. i just wanna make sure i can go up and not get arreested of fined
Old 03-20-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SStheBest
was ur friend black....LMAO
seen that cartoon show? where the cop pulls over this guy
cop-"do you know how black you were going?"
guy in car- "somewhere between malcom X and denzel?"
Old 03-20-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

i saw that. it was shorties watching shorties.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
seen that cartoon show? where the cop pulls over this guy
cop-"do you know how black you were going?"
guy in car- "somewhere between malcom X and denzel?"
LMAO .......
Old 03-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

haha im sorry but i hate cops no offense to any one here but ones around me arent worth a bucket of freeze dreid ****
Old 03-20-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

You know, the public gives too much to the police. If you question an officer, he can turn against you and the only thing you can do is fight any tickets he decides to give you ( of course if you were different races you could pull that but it still wouldn't make a difference )...
Most of the police I've run into are worthless, and so are alot of laws in this country... not saying I'd leave but there is WAY too much screwed **** in our justice system to even call it a "justice" system.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
You know, the public gives too much to the police. If you question an officer, he can turn against you and the only thing you can do is fight any tickets he decides to give you ( of course if you were different races you could pull that but it still wouldn't make a difference )...
Most of the police I've run into are worthless, and so are alot of laws in this country... not saying I'd leave but there is WAY too much screwed **** in our justice system to even call it a "justice" system.
....on the other hand look at all the screwed up f**** runnin around ...thats y they have to act a certain way
Old 03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SStheBest
....on the other hand look at all the screwed up f**** runnin around ...thats y they have to act a certain way
If you go into a store, the clerk behind the counter is extremely angry and cussing and swearing at you ( this is the owner of the place, so you can't complain to the owner ) points a pen about an inch from your face and you react to slap the pen out of their hand, they reach over the counter and slap you as hard as they can on the face, you run to the store next door cause your face is all swollen and red and you have tears in your eyes, you call the police and they come and look at the tape and claim it was in "self defence" but the cop says he can only give the clerk a ticket if you take a ticket for disorderly conduct, you agree and the cop gives you a ticket but changes his mind on giving the clerk a ticket and says he feels that there was no need to give the clerk a ticket. - What do you do? ( You've already contacted the officers superiors but they feel that the officers decision is final )

That was a true story on what happened to my mother... even the alderman knows of this ladies temper, and my mother has a written statement from the manager of the store she went into after the girl slapped her saying she had a swollen face.

Or how about having an old couple back into your car while you are at work, having a witness who gets the licence plates, you call the police they show up and tell them they will look into it and to call them later but then when you do call them they say "Oh there was no one available that we could contact, we'll have a detective look into it and they will call you back" but you never recieve a call and your car sits with minor damage to it.

That's the kinda bull we have to put up with. There needs to be laws protecting the citizens against police harassment/ignorance like that.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

don't let this become a police rant thread.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
don't let this become a police rant thread.
Thank you. You know I will be the first to say that some cops out here need to be placed behind bars because of the way they act but some people need to start owning up to their actions and understand no matter where you go there is going to be laws. Most of the laws we don't like but we have to follow them. The cops don't make the laws they just have to enforce them. What happen to the guy who started the thread is not cool. No they don't have to calibrate there radars every 3weeks and I'm sorry that your boy got pulled over. But I have one question. How did the cop get into his pockets? Did your boy have his license on him? or did he give concent to search? Just courious.