Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Poik - another thing to powdercoat

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poik - another thing to powdercoat

I talked to Ellis about this & it's "hard anodized"....not easy to sand blast off. So, how close could you make this pulley

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Merchant...egory_Code=P11

look like this blue colored catch can?

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm

Only the front surface if possible....

Mark
Old 03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

You mean the catch can is anodized, not the pulley? I can try to polish up some aluminum to the best of my ability and then coat it with "translucent red" which is the closest color I can get to looking like anodized. I will bring this when I give you your fuel rail.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

No, the pulley is anodized as well, in some funky baby-**** gray/brown color. I wanted to remove the anodize & polish it to match my other aftermarket pulley. But Ellis said it's the hard coating & won't be easy to get off without ruining the pulley. So I was wondering if you had a blue powder coat paint that might make it look close to that blue anodized catch can that I plan to install on the passenger side of the engine.

Speaking of the AMW catch can, they just told me they have a few bare aluminum mounting brackets that can be polished (all they advertise is black anodized) in case anyone was thinking about getting one.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Speaking of the AMW catch can, they just told me they have a few bare aluminum mounting brackets that can be polished (all they advertise is black anodized) in case anyone was thinking about getting one.
hmmmm black amw with polished brackets
Old 03-21-2005, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark i thought you were just going to get rid of the whole pvc system?

No, the pulley is anodized as well, in some funky baby-**** gray/brown color. I wanted to remove the anodize & polish it to match my other aftermarket pulley. But Ellis said it's the hard coating & won't be easy to get off without ruining the pulley. So I was wondering if you had a blue powder coat paint that might make it look close to that blue anodized catch can that I plan to install on the passenger side of the engine.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
Mark i thought you were just going to get rid of the whole pvc system?
I was. But Nate (NASTY Perf) told me that the tall valve covers would help, but if that wasn't the main reason for sucking oil down the TB, I'd end up with my engine bay covered in blow-by oil. So, I'm keeping the PCV & adding a catch can. If I still use oil, then it's time to let Shaun re-ring the motor.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

in some funky baby-**** gray/brown color.

Sorry, but that just made me