Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Uncontrollable engine backfire

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help: Uncontrollable engine backfire

I just got my computer back in my car this weekend...I fired it up and all seemed well until the extremly large flames were shooting out of the headers.....lol...It backfires even at idle....these arent small exhaust farts...these are real flames...I tried to drive it but it seemed weak and the backfiring was much worse....I checked all the plugs and wires, all the coil packs, and all computer misc. but it still does it....I have no idea what could be causing this...can u guys offer any advice
Old 03-24-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darkknight99
I just got my computer back in my car this weekend...I fired it up and all seemed well until the extremly large flames were shooting out of the headers.....lol...It backfires even at idle....these arent small exhaust farts...these are real flames...I tried to drive it but it seemed weak and the backfiring was much worse....I checked all the plugs and wires, all the coil packs, and all computer misc. but it still does it....I have no idea what could be causing this...can u guys offer any advice
well did you re program the computer or something??
Old 03-24-2005, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you do the program yourself, or send it out by mail? Give us a few more details.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Teching In

[I solved the problem.......I had one spark plug that was not completely tight allowing compression loss in one cylinder....