Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT-4 KILLED! By 5.3 powered Toyota :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 KILLED! By 5.3 powered Toyota :)

I have a 94 toyota pickup with a 00 5.3/4l60e swap, has the ls6 intake, and some other minor mods. Just so you know what i was driving. Looks 100% stock, just has my Rx7 wheels/tires on it, and the true duals firing out the side.

So anyhow,im cruising on 53 E just before 290 E heading home from a movie with the GF @ 1:20am. Her and i were talking about misc stuff and im just cruising along doing 70 as usual. So we were engauged in the conversion when a blue neon passes by me at about 80-85ish. I take notice, no biggie... Then, i saw that god awefull wing, larger wheels, and it hit me.
SRT-4!!!!

I tell the GF to hold that thought,,, i have some business to take care of. Since all those douche bags think they can take ANY Ls1 for some reason. I wanted to see how little brother 5.3 will fare against it...

So i catch up to the car, hes in the left lane, im in the middle. My exhuast fires out the driverside and is quite loud. So i threw him a rev. They were like we pace it out for a bit, slow down for a long turn. As we are exiting the turn he was 2-3 cars behind me. I told the GF, watch this boner, he is gonna try and freight train me. So i told her to watch for his jump, since i was comming out of the corner as i well, i didnt wanna be turning my head the whole time looking for his ***. Ok,,, since my yota has the stock 3.09 rear end gearing, stepping on it at 90, it downshifts like a ****. i mean this truck pulls hard as **** from 85-165.

The highway starts to straighten out and about 2 cars behind me, she yells hes INTO IT!! So i floored it at about 90mph, ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG NOW! This fool gets at my door by the time the truck downshifts and starts pulling. Right at my door his pull stops, and the yota started pulling and pulling and pulling. The needle is burried at 125, still pulling, i have about 2 cars on him when the needle burried. Then i stay into it for maybe 5-8 more seconds and shut it down with about 6 cars on this guy. Reason i stayed into it soo long, was becuase if i shut it down at 125 and obviously i proved my point by then, these damn ricers (although dodge) would stay into it untill they pass (even tho im on the brakes) and then turn on the flashers. NOTHING pisses me off more than that. Shutting her down at 155-165ish im sure would prevent that from happening.

After i slowed down to around around 70, they pulled up and gave thumbs up with the biggest damn confused smile i have ever seen. I just smile and wink at em.

They claim they can take F-bodys??? I thought they have mad pull becuase its turbo and on the highway???? yea thats right, gotta teach these fools the LS1 ownz and even lil brother 5.3 owns them!!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by v8-7
I have a 94 toyota pickup with a 00 5.3/4l60e swap, has the ls6 intake, and some other minor mods. Just so you know what i was driving. Looks 100% stock, just has my Rx7 wheels/tires on it, and the true duals firing out the side.

So anyhow,im cruising on 53 E just before 290 E heading home from a movie with the GF @ 1:20am. Her and i were talking about misc stuff and im just cruising along doing 70 as usual. So we were engauged in the conversion when a blue neon passes by me at about 80-85ish. I take notice, no biggie... Then, i saw that god awefull wing, larger wheels, and it hit me.
SRT-4!!!!

I tell the GF to hold that thought,,, i have some business to take care of. Since all those douche bags think they can take ANY Ls1 for some reason. I wanted to see how little brother 5.3 will fare against it...

So i catch up to the car, hes in the left lane, im in the middle. My exhuast fires out the driverside and is quite loud. So i threw him a rev. They were like we pace it out for a bit, slow down for a long turn. As we are exiting the turn he was 2-3 cars behind me. I told the GF, watch this boner, he is gonna try and freight train me. So i told her to watch for his jump, since i was comming out of the corner as i well, i didnt wanna be turning my head the whole time looking for his ***. Ok,,, since my yota has the stock 3.09 rear end gearing, stepping on it at 90, it downshifts like a ****. i mean this truck pulls hard as **** from 85-165.

The highway starts to straighten out and about 2 cars behind me, she yells hes INTO IT!! So i floored it at about 90mph, ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG NOW! This fool gets at my door by the time the truck downshifts and starts pulling. Right at my door his pull stops, and the yota started pulling and pulling and pulling. The needle is burried at 125, still pulling, i have about 2 cars on him when the needle burried. Then i stay into it for maybe 5-8 more seconds and shut it down with about 6 cars on this guy. Reason i stayed into it soo long, was becuase if i shut it down at 125 and obviously i proved my point by then, these damn ricers (although dodge) would stay into it untill they pass (even tho im on the brakes) and then turn on the flashers. NOTHING pisses me off more than that. Shutting her down at 155-165ish im sure would prevent that from happening.

After i slowed down to around around 70, they pulled up and gave thumbs up with the biggest damn confused smile i have ever seen. I just smile and wink at em.

They claim they can take F-bodys??? I thought they have mad pull becuase its turbo and on the highway???? yea thats right, gotta teach these fools the LS1 ownz and even lil brother 5.3 owns them!!!!!
lol i think my dad had enough time to go to the grocery store and back before i got finished reading that long *** post
Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

but good kill......5.3 liter w/ LS6 intake ....if possible i sure as hell didnt know it
Old 03-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Launching!

5.3 heads fit the LS1 blocks and Ls1/ls6 intakes are mounted on those setups . So yes it fits. Just the reverse of it, sorta. The truck intake sits way too tall and the hood wont shut with it. Ls6 intake handled that issue perfectly.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

man, i want to see some pics of that setup man!! sounds very interesting, and what model toyota truck is it in? a Tacoma?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

You took the truck to 155? Damn, that thing must be pretty aerodymamic as I think the SRT-10 can only hit that and that has like 420 RWHP.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Launching!

base model toyota pickup. Its called a "pickup" not a t-100 or tacomo. total base/lowest model of the yota line of trucks. weighs 2850 without me (165)

155mph is probably an understatemnt. I raced 2 Mercedes benz CLK's... The AMG model which is the fastest model of the CLK's. I dont know how fast they are, but i know their speed limiter is at 155mph. I was racing one on the highway from a roll of 100. Their dumbasses freighttrained me HARD, so as i was reeling them in, i saw the thing just practically shut down. My freind said they some confused *** looks on their faces. AKA 155mph Speedlimiter. I know the yota had some more pull in it. I still stayed into it a wee bit longer after the benz slowed down and then the damn thing shifted into OD!!!! AND started pulling. When it shifted it threw me back in the seat, i was like OMFG time to shut her down. hahaha.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:57 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

AWESOME story and GREAT job. Thanks for that post, I needed that.

brad
Old 03-20-2005, 09:31 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robino
why, did you recently get spanked by one?
We actually had a lot of bad blood between us and the srtforums board last year. It's been a while. I've gotten way past it (killing about a half dozen skittles on my morning commute over a period of a couple months helped the healing process ). But, we've had a few real cool SRT4 owners on here as of late. So, maybe things take a turn for the better with you around.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
We actually had a lot of bad blood between us and the srtforums board last year. It's been a while. I've gotten way past it (killing about a half dozen skittles on my morning commute over a period of a couple months helped the healing process ). But, we've had a few real cool SRT4 owners on here as of late. So, maybe things take a turn for the better with you around.
Yea there was talk about some serious trolling. And your car is a daily driver?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

You two should race

(or maybe you already have?)
Old 03-20-2005, 09:40 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FattyMcTrickle
Yea there was talk about some serious trolling. And your car is a daily driver?
Yup. Drive it to a nd from work every day.

And Gloveperson, if this guy wants to race me, I'd oblige at Moroso. But, I don't find there to be a need to race to prove anything.

Also, I doubt he was part of my SRT4 killing spree of a few months ago, as Jupiter is pretty far from Miami (hence, far from my commute ).
Old 03-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

killing about a half dozen skittles on my morning commute over a period of a couple months helped the healing process

dude, i like domestics, T/A's, GTO's, SRT's...whatever, i'm not into imports at all.
i could'a bought anything really, a Cobra, a Z06...but i like being the underdog and i wanted something to beat around in all day that could still give me decent mileage.

difference between me and the srtboard douchebags is, i'm 36 not 16, i like all cars that have potential, regardless what they are so long as they're domestics.
i saw a huge potential in the srt and bought one.

i do see myself in a new Z06 when they come out though...
Old 03-20-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Yup. Drive it to a nd from work every day.

And Gloveperson, if this guy wants to race me, I'd oblige at Moroso. But, I don't find there to be a need to race to prove anything.

Also, I doubt he was part of my SRT4 killingn spree of a few months ago, as Jupiter is pretty far from Miami.
hehe....i hope i run into u when i go to Miami this june .....
Old 03-20-2005, 09:43 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by robino
dude, i like domestics, T/A's, GTO's, SRT's...whatever, i'm not into imports at all.
i could'a bought anything really, a Cobra, a Z06...but i like being the underdog and i wanted something to beat around in all day that could still give me decent mileage.

difference between me and the srtboard douchebags is, i'm 36 not 16, i like all cars that have potential, regardless what they are so long as they're domestics.
i saw a huge potential in the srt and bought one.

i do see myself in a new Z06 when they come out though...
Old 03-20-2005, 09:44 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SStheBest
hehe....i hope i run into u when i go to Miami this june .....
PM me before coming down!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Launching!

these guys just chill in the kills section looking for SRT killings do they? Sheesh!

I have a Yota, civic, and or RX7 for any SRT-4. Great lakes dragaway (GLD) opens next month. First RSD is in the middle of May. Pm me if you live in the IN/WI/IL area, have cash on hand, choose wisely (of my cars) and il see you at GLD.. I love skittles! The red ones taste the best! Taste the rainbow! HAHAHA
Old 03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Yea, what the hell is up with all these neon trolls...God...get the hell out of here!!

oh wait...I have one too CHELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Have some fun Robino.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

v8-7

i understand you...you know why?
i use to have a 406 mouse in the back of a 911 a few yrs back.
nothing like seeing the surprise on people's faces right?

how do you think the M3 guy feels when he gets spanked by a neon? How about the Z06 guy that can't pull on the neon...think he's re-thinking his approach?

just like you, i like givin a good spankin' every now and again...give it time though, the srt's only been around a mere two yrs. and parts are just starting to come out for them, Mopar seems pretty devoted and the new Stage 3 is really no joke and very simple to bolt on. You needen't crack a valve cover to get an honest 400whp outta one of these neons...no cam, no head, no nothing...just a Mopar stage 3 and you're smokin stock Z06's..give it time.

again, i'm not here to troll...i have owned a lot of GM products, from 1970, 1971 Z28's to 1977 T/A WS6's, to 1978 Z28's, 1988 350 Z28's, 1981 vette, etc...
i've also owned my share of 5.0 mustangs from notchback coupes to GT's, but honestly...nothing burst my bubble more than the 1984 Dodge Colt Turbo i had...redid the motor in it, 60 shot of nitrous, SAAB intercooler...many many memories spankin' a wide variety of unexpecting high end owners...

If there's one thing i like about the srt over any other domestic muscle car is...everyone wants to race an srt, it is by far the most hated car out there...i see more hatred in people's eyes when they look over at me than when driving any other car.

I had an '03 Z06 for a day and i couldn't find one person who wanted some...where's the fun in that? With the srt all i gotta do is blow off some air with my Greddy bov and the race is on. That's what it's all about...having some fun.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Rubino is a straight shooter and cool guy, sorry if i may have offended you.

most of my hatred for neons come about LONG before the SRT's. A lot more of came hatred came along from these fools (not you, your of age and have a brain and a normal thought process about you) that invaded ls1tech.com and saying the most moronic things on how their SRT's are superior to LS1 F-body's. They were totally out of line in their posts, thinking, and ETC. Overall pissed me the F#@% off and from then on.. SEEK AND DESTROY!!!!

Like i said tho, thats the majority of those guys, which dodge's target age group is 16-22 im sure.