Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How acurate is Gtech?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How acurate is Gtech?

How accurate with hp/0-60/ 1/4miles is Gtech?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only useful if you want to use it to gauge major performance increases w/mods ... they're 1 step below a dyno imho ... (only a dyno is useful for tuning)
Old 03-20-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fivepointseven
How accurate with hp/0-60/ 1/4miles is Gtech?

Thanks
It is precise but not accurate. So you can use it to measure changes in your setup quite well.

I have forgotten the directions that the errors take, but I recall that ets are a bit pessimistic and mph are a bit optimistic.

Perry
Old 03-20-2005, 11:22 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I don't really like my g-tech. Haven't used it since about 2 weeks after I bought it (about 8 months ago). I guess it's not too bad to gauge performance increases, but you have to have a somewhat accurate vehicle weight and a REALLY flat, straight road to run on. But the only way to really know if a mod made a difference is to go to the dyno or the track.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

I see no point in wasting the money for this thing that plugs into your cars power somehow showing ACTUAL REAL gains and or track times. I just don't like the whole idea, plus its not what that thing tells you that your car can run. Its what you as a driver can make the car run; so make that biatch run!! just my opinion
Old 03-21-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like its been stated, the HP numbers, track times and speeds will not be deadly accurate. I did however have great sucess using my gtech (in HP mode) to tune my car in conjunction with HP tuners. It will definately tell you how each change affects your motor. With stock 3.42s i ran up to the top of second. With my 4.10s i run up to the top of third. Take it easy in the first (and second) gear and hammer it in your desired gear. As long as youve got it calibrated correctly and the road is flat, youll have fairly accurate and repeatable data to compare against after each mod.