Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

SpeedTrialUSA @ GingerMan Raceway April 9

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post SpeedTrialUSA @ GingerMan Raceway April 9

Hello everybody,

SpeedTrialUSA has an instructional road racing school for enthusiasts of all driving levels, with all makes and models of car, coming up Saturday, April 9 at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, MI. Since our events are aimed at all levels of drivers and cars, there is something for everybody. This is your chance to take your driving skills and your car to the limit while learning the basics of auto racing in a safe, fun, and controlled environment.

This event is $135 for the day if you preregister, $155 the day of, and includes intstruction for all levels of driver and also your tech inspection. We will be running our groups in 20 minute sessions, so you will have a ton of track time! Arrive at the track at 7:30am, Drivers meeting at 8:30 am, first session begins at 9am.

To register online, or for more information, please visit: www.speedtrialusa.com. Each group is limited to only 20 entries, so sign up early!

I hope to see you there.

Race-on,
Brian.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Must keep self away from open track events, to much could go wrong. Plus I would need a helmet, and have to replace my rotors/pads before then.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Launching!

That looks cool, da*m the camaro will not be out yet with new brakes. How much to stop by and watch. IF I find a helmet think anyone would give me a ride around the track to see what it is all about for next year? Will there be other events in the area?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Spectating is FREE. We encourage people to come out and see what the day is like, plus, it is fun hearing and seeing all of the different cars. Most people, are very willing to take you along for a ride if you ask nicely. Just don't ask any beginners since they are not allowed to take passengers!

Here is our schedule:
Saturday, April 9 GingerMan Raceway, MI
Saturday, June 11 Milwaukee Mile Road Course, WI
Sunday, August 28 Autobahn Country Club, IL
Saturday, October 22 GingerMan Racewy, MI

Hope to see you at one of the events,
Brian.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

I've got no clue what helmets cost. Around how much would a helmet approved for this event cost?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Launching!

IF the camaro is out then, that maybe the first drive of the year. Just purchased a house and its hard to not work on it. ie. Feel guilty doing other stuff. Thanks for the info, will be trying for Oct. I think this is a great opportunity to run the cars fast without getting a ticket or the rubbing is racing problem with the daily driver.

Helmet is available at any place that sells ATV’s, snowmobiles or motorcycles. The rating system is a little different so check. (Dot rating) The other tip is get a light one. May want to ask around, a moped helmet will meet the ratings for this event. What I can’t tell you is what the rating system is for the next level. Kind of like buying golf shoes for a local course and getting steel spikes, they will still let you use them. Then find out you need soft pike golf shoes for anywhere else.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

What are the rules for convertibles in your events? (regarding roll bars and such)
Old 03-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Z28vert
What are the rules for convertibles in your events? (regarding roll bars and such)
Convertibles are required to have a minimum of a 4 point roll cage. They also need to run with the top up.

Helmets start around $180. I believe the open faced Bell helmest are around $200, but I recommend a full-face helmet. They usually start around $300. Though this place is not the cheapest, their customer service is extraordinary: www.northstarmotorsports.com. You can also check out www.summitracing.com.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,
Brian.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Teching In

With just under two weeks before our GingerMan event, it is time to make sure your car is ready. Please take advantage by having your car checked over before the event. Though we will continue to provide tech inspections at the track, pre-tech'ing your car will ensure you the most track time and also allows time just in case something is wrong. Here are the participating tech shops:

Advanced Auto-Motion
3030 N. Lake Terrace (near Pfingsten & Lake)
Gleview, IL 60025
Tel: (847) 724-6400 Contact: Greg

King Motorsports Unlimited
2385 South 179th Street, Suite C
New Berlin, WI 53146
Tel: (262) 786-8360 (call for an appointment)
www.kingmotorsports.com

One 6 Motorsports
571 S. Arthur Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005 (2 blocks south of 14)
Tel: (847) 255-1905 Contact: Mark or Alex
www.one6motorsports.com

P & L Motorsports
3847 Carnation Street
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Tel: (847) 833-6530 (call for an appointment)
www.pandlmotorsports.com

Performance Autowerks
23848 W. Industrial Drive S.
Plainfield, IL 60544
Tel: (815) 609-4180 Contact: Dave
www.performanceautowerks.com

In addition, we know that many people have their own shop. Please feel free to have your normal technician check over your car. All you have to do is download our tech inspection sheet from the website and have the shop put their stamp on it. Bring the inspection sheet with you to the track, and you will be ready to go.

For more information and/or to register, please visit: www.speedtrialusa.com

Race-on,
Brian.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Teching In

We have worked out a discount for SpeedTrialUSA participants that stay at the Guesthouse/Lighthouse Inn, South Haven. When calling for reservations, please mention that you are with SpeedTrialUSA, and you will receive aproximately 15% off. A room with two queen size beds will be $60 plus tax!

Contact info:
(269) 639-9900
1555 Phoenix Road (just East of 196 behind the Big Boy)
South Haven, MI 49090
http://www.lighthouseinnsouthhaven.com

Race-on,
Brian.

Quick Reply: SpeedTrialUSA @ GingerMan Raceway April 9