Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Choosing wheels for pewter SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing wheels for pewter SS

Hey guys, i'm in the market for some wheels for my pewter SS. But i has turned out to be a very tough decision.

1. Black center vs Polished/Chrome. I havent seen many pewter SS's with black center wheels with a chrome lip, but the ones i've seen i did not like, i think it looks dirty.

2. Polished or Chrome. I've owned Polished BC smoothies 2's before, and it was a PITA to take care of these. They looked like crap after some people sprayed em wit acid at a car wash. I know if i had polished rims again i would definetly take care of them more. And it seems like most of the performance wheels, which are light weight, are polished.

3. 17" or 18". My car has many performance mods so i would like it to perform well in the 1/4. Therefore 19" is out of the question. 17's are light and there are many Drag radials available for it, it also has the best fitment, but it doesnt look as good as an 18. 18's are heavy and you have a very limited performance tire choice. I can't have the car lowered because of LT's and SFC's, so i know its not gonna look too good with the big fender gap that u get with 17's. BTW, i am definetly planning on getting 315 DR's on the new wheels.

4. Performance or Bling Bling. Bogart RR series would probably be my best bet for performance wheels, are very lightweight, and look nice. CCW is another option, but i've seen a CCW modular polished rim on a camaro and it doesnt looks nice IMO. I would like to see a black center CCW modular wheel on a camaro though. As for bling bling, IForged, Fikse comes to mind. Both Iforged and fikse are expensive, and i've only seen a few camaros with them on and only 2 styles. FM/5 is too common and i dont really like the look, i've never seen their other styles on camaros. I've only seen aeros from iforged, which i like, but they would have to be 18's which hurts performance and tire choice.

I dont want tt2's, cragars, smoothie ii's, zr1, z06, c5's becuase their all too common. I want the wheel to have to a nice lip on it for a staggered look.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Run 17's, you must take into consideration the labor to keep polished wheels looking there best.

Chrome wheels are typically going to be faily heavy . .

You are probably going to be looking at some higher end wheels such as FIKSE, I'Forged, HRE etc . . .
Old 03-22-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a guy on here with a set of budnick hammers for sale, they are awesome looking wheels, in 17". i think he even has tires on them, 315 DR on the rear. https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/274129-my-budnik-hammers.html they are the soft lip, looks awesome. pm him for price and details. its a good deal, i'd have them if i had the extra money right now.