Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Tri-City Michigan area

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri-City Michigan area

Hello all,
I am looking for some Tech members in the Tri-City area. I will be moving there sometime mid-summer of this year. Just wondering if there are any car clubs or just a few people to cruise around with and do whatever. Also, I was wondering if there will be any car shows/cruises or anything of the sort starting from mid-July. Thanks and I'm looking forward to gettin' there.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Launching!

There are a few of us around. Why are you headed our way. Could find it a little slow around here.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Hey Doc, Pre-welcome to Michigan! Where exactly are you moving too? There are always car shows and most of them are posted in this section.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DJ_951
There are a few of us around. Why are you headed our way. Could find it a little slow around here.
That's good to here. I am actually getting out of the Marine Corps and I will be going to school there. Most of my family lives in that area.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ICEBOX
Hey Doc, Pre-welcome to Michigan! Where exactly are you moving too? There are always car shows and most of them are posted in this section.

Hello! Thank you! I will be moving to Midland. It's good to here there will be some car shows! Oh yeah, What's the nearest 1/4 mile track? Is it closer to Detroit or is there one a little closer to Midland?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Ahhh Midland. It's kind of a cruise from the Southeast area but not too bad. Lets see, you've got the Mid Michigan Motorplex in Stanton MI which may be the closest to you but I could be wrong. I do most of my racing at Milan Dragway in Milan MI.

As for tuning and speed shops you've got Hardcore Motorsports in Flint. I hear they do good work.

Also, put it on your calendar now - the Woodward Dream Cruise is in August in the Detroit area. It is a MUST SEE! Bring your car and be ready to see a lot of great hot rods.

Welcome back from the Marines too! Where are you going to school?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Teching In

ICEBOX,
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. You even gave me more than I asked for. I will have to check out Hardcore Motorsports for sure. I will definitely be going to the Woodward Dream Cruise! That sounds like a blast. I am planning on going to Central Michigan for school. My brother is going there now and will be heading to MI State later on. Thanks again for everything!

Kevin

Quick Reply: Tri-City Michigan area