PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

running like crap in closed loop

Old 03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default running like crap in closed loop

ok so my pass o2 was bad so i replaced it with one of my old rear ones. now the mV are normal and read right inline with the drivers side. but it still runs exactly the same in closed loop. even just reving it at idle is like misfiring like crazy. when i disable closed loop it immediately runs good and revs fast. im gonna let the car get up to normal operating temp to make sure the o2 i put in is good, but is there anything else that could be causing this? im still on the stock tune i just removed the ses lights for air and egr. could anything else be the cause? if i cant figure it out im gonna get a new o2 with a new extension.

also in hptuners how can i disable closed loop in the editor so i dont have to have the scanner hookup up to drive my car. also how bad is it to drive it in open look all the time like this?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

please help i dont want to run out and spend $70 on a sensor and have it run the same am i safe to run my car in open loop all the time?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hourang
also in hptuners how can i disable closed loop in the editor so i dont have to have the scanner hookup up to drive my car. also how bad is it to drive it in open look all the time like this?
go to the open loop/closed loop fueling and set the ect enable to like 280...that will make sure it will stay in open loop till your coolant temp hits 280 which will hopefully never happen
Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foff667
go to the open loop/closed loop fueling and set the ect enable to like 280...that will make sure it will stay in open loop till your coolant temp hits 280 which will hopefully never happen
awesome thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

any idea on the other questions?

Search this Thread